Week 8 games around the league

YoloinOhio

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hear that get ridiculed. The performance of the QB was probably ridiculed after that disaster, but I heard nothing about the captains. Obviously Rdx doesn't expect to lose, which is good. But I don't feel ridicule if my team loses. I just hope they bounce back and win the next game.

"Expecting to win" and "confidence" is essential in a coach and players feed off it. But some of us have a quiet confidence that, in the event of a win or success in general, makes people take notice. Others are more pronounced in their confidence and when they win, it's kinda of "meh" but when they lose, everyone takes notice. I know Rex can't change his stripes, but I hope to see a more internal confidence from him and his players. Even if the D line gets 10 sacks against Tanneyhill, I'd love to see them give a solid interview and move on to the next game.

Wow. The officials in the Seattle-Dallas game just made one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen, calling an obvious forward pass a fumble. It's like some sort of bizarre "inverse tuck rule" !@#$-up or something. :lol:

I think they're trained to call anything even remotely close as a fumble. That way the play can continue the way it would if it were a fumble, then since replay is in effect on all turnovers, it will be simply be overturned if it wasn't an empty hand, was down by contact, etc. It works as a default position because it avoids them running into a situation where they whistled a play dead and replay shows it should have still been a live ball, and then you just have a big mess on your hands.

"Expecting to win" and "confidence" is essential in a coach and players feed off it. But some of us have a quiet confidence that, in the event of a win or success in general, makes people take notice. Others are more pronounced in their confidence and when they win, it's kinda of "meh" but when they lose, everyone takes notice. I know Rex can't change his stripes, but I hope to see a more internal confidence from him and his players. Even if the D line gets 10 sacks against Tanneyhill, I'd love to see them give a solid interview and move on to the next game.

I notice you said some of " us" . Not some coaches. You seem to Not like Rex because he's not like you. I personally am nothing like Rex's personality but it doesn't bother me and I find his style entertaining . I also don't care if anyone takes notice of Rdx. I just care if they win. Interviews are for entertainment purposes only, otherwise why do them? If no kne ever has anything to say, it's pointless. It's all part of the soap opera that is the NFL, and part of why I love it. I love when players say stuff and the hype that ensues . That was one of the best things about the old rivalry with the Dolphins. But it's just entertainment and doesn't have much impact if any on the field . If every interview was like a Belichick interview , it's be a long week between games. I'm glad there are guys in the league that have personality. It's a game after all.