HOLD YOUR HORSES!

NavyBillsFan

Mike Peca. The same jackoff who already sat out a year of hockey because he refused to budge on a $300,000 contract difference with the Sabres. FU Mike Peca.

241417[/snapback]

I dont know, I can kind of see Pecas position here. Like I posted earlier, I would sure be pissed about taking this deal if I was a player. Not because of the deal itself, but the whole reason we stayed out this long was Goddenow kept saying"noCap Ever" And now we are taking one, and we have players going around our leadership to get er done. Likie I said, I do not agree withe the players, but dam some guys lost a lot of cake for nothing if this deal gets done

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No update, just that the NHLPA called for a PC at 4pm....Im sure they are working on something now...I know there is a lot of pessisimism...but I really think they will make a deal today.

241439[/snapback]

Good news that the PC got pushed back...

I just find it funny how Bettman called that letter his last offer when we all knew that was obviously not the case.

I see $44 Million.

I just find it funny how Bettman called that letter his last offer when we all knew that was obviously not the case.

I see $44 Million.

241447[/snapback]

Bettman's PC is still scheduled for 1pm...the Players called their PC for 4pm....but I agree...i bet this isnt Bettman "final offer"

I see $44 Million.

241447[/snapback]

That was the players who called for the 4pm PC....the NHL's PC is still scheduled for 1:00 from what I can see.

I dont know, I can kind of see Pecas position here. Like I posted earlier, I would sure be pissed about taking this deal if I was a player. Not because of the deal itself, but the whole reason we stayed out this long was Goddenow kept saying"noCap Ever" And now we are taking one, and we have players going around our leadership to get er done. Likie I said, I do not agree withe the players, but dam some guys lost a lot of cake for nothing if this deal gets done

241437[/snapback]

Yeah, from Peca's point of view, I can understand. Your "leadership" keeps telling you for months what the position is and they're steadfast in that. Then suddenly the position changes....go figure.

But if all he's concerned about is looking bad, then tough sh*t. Everyone in this mess has looked bad for almost a year now and he makes plenty of money already. He'll just have to sell one of his mansions to make up for it.

Update from tsn.ca:

The NHL's deadline for the Players' Association to accept its $42.5 million hard cap proposal has passed, and all signs point to commissioner Gary Bettman announcing the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season at a 1pm et/10am pt news conference in New York (live on TSN and TSN.ca). Neither side has contacted each other since late Tuesday night, when the NHL and the union stood pat with a $6.5 million gap.

Yeah, from Peca's point of view, I can understand. Your "leadership" keeps telling you for months what the position is and they're steadfast in that. Then suddenly the position changes....go figure.

But if all he's concerned about is looking bad, then tough sh*t. Everyone in this mess has looked bad for almost a year now and he makes plenty of money already. He'll just have to sell one of his mansions to make up for it.

241469[/snapback]

Of course, Mike Peca doesn't seem to understand (as you do) that "leadership" when used in connection with the NHLPA is best prefaced with the phrase "Don't step in the..."

What a bunch of utter friggin' morons. If I were a NHL player, I'd be calling for the NHLPA "leadership" to be tarred and feathered by now...

Update from tsn.ca:

The NHL's deadline for the Players' Association to accept its $42.5 million hard cap proposal has passed, and all signs point to commissioner Gary Bettman announcing the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season at a 1pm et/10am pt news conference in New York (live on TSN and TSN.ca). Neither side has contacted each other since late Tuesday night, when the NHL and the union stood pat with a $6.5 million gap.

241479[/snapback]

Man, if this thing doesn't get done today, say hello to Valantines day 06 before we see hockey again

Another update from tsn.ca:

The NHL's deadline for the Players' Association to accept its $42.5 million hard cap proposal has passed, and all signs point to commissioner Gary Bettman announcing the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season at a 1pm et/10am pt news conference in New York (live on TSN and TSN.ca). The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled.

Another update from tsn.ca:

The NHL's deadline for the Players' Association to accept its $42.5 million hard cap proposal has passed, and all signs point to commissioner Gary Bettman announcing the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season at a 1pm et/10am pt news conference in New York (live on TSN and TSN.ca). The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled.

241512[/snapback]

Wow. all over 6M per team, per year?

!@#$ joke.

Wow. all over 6M per team, per year?

!@#$ joke.

241514[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more...this is a f'in joke already...BOTH sides equally...to me you have to blame both sides....

I do not know if I will follow this league anymore if this becomes official..Im on the fence.

I think if they go to a 28 game season, each team will play a home and home with every team in their conferance, and then seed em 1-8 , without record to division, for the playoffs.

An alternative schedule, if they wanted to keep with the divisional format, would be to play the 4 teams in your division 4 times, play 2 other teams in the conference 2 times, and play the remaining 8 conference teams 1 time. To play a home-and-home against every team in your conference would be a disadvantage for the West, who would have alot longer traveling.