Fat Rex > Skinny* Rex

Without great safeties Rex's defense doesn't work.

I think that's what we've learned.

Tannenbaum and Mangini built a team that had a much superior offensive line to start. Better RB's that fit ryan's ground and pound. Better LB's, better CB's, better safeties.

Ryan inherited a MUCH better team with the Jets. It was a great team especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball. BTW their special teams were superb too!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Tannenbaum and Mangini built a team that had a much superior offensive line to start. Better RB's that fit ryan's ground and pound. Better LB's, better CB's, better safeties.

Ryan inherited a MUCH better team with the Jets. It was a great team especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball. BTW their special teams were superb too!!!

True. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Fat Rex brought a certain gravitas, errr, gravity to the center of the Jets solar system

True. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Fat Rex brought a certain gravitas, errr, gravity to the center of the Jets solar system

Oh, for sure. I don't know if it is part of becoming a Buffalo headcoach, but I noticed the same thing that he isn't the same individual he was in NY. Emotion is gone, looks pale and defeated.

Oh, for sure. I don't know if it is part of becoming a Buffalo headcoach, but I noticed the same thing that he isn't the same individual he was in NY. Emotion is gone, looks pale and defeated.

no sleep. he wants to win now like we all do

he needs some yoga to de stress for a minute

WEO, Can the band be adjusted or safely removed? Isn't there a band procedure that is permanent? What are the risks associated with the procedure?

All are meant to be permanent. It is also meant to be adjustable. Risks include infections involving its components, band slip, band erosion, esophageal dysmotility.

it can be removed surgically.

All are meant to be permanent. It is also meant to be adjustable. Risks include infections involving its components, band slip, band erosion, esophageal dysmotility.

it can be removed surgically.

The procedure is relatively new. Are there long term complications that have come up?

I'm not making light of a serious issue. But for the people who consider undergoing the procedure wouldn't it be medically better to alter one's eating habits and eat more wisely? Again, I bring up this issue respectfully and seriously. There are people who struggle with weight issues all their lives and are very often not treated well because of their appearance.

The procedure is relatively new. Are there long term complications that have come up?

I'm not making light of a serious issue. But for the people who consider undergoing the procedure wouldn't it be medically better to alter one's eating habits and eat more wisely? Again, I bring up this issue respectfully and seriously. There are people who struggle with weight issues all their lives and are very often not treated well because of their appearance.

I think some people simply lack the willpower to make it happen, and are frustrated with the yoyo of losing then gaining, so they go this route, which is guaranteed to work.

You simply cannot eat too many calories anymore.

Pre-gastric band: 34-30, 2 trips to the AFC title game

Post-band: 15-24, has sniffed neither the playoffs nor a bone-in ribeye with a "serves 4-6" potatoes au gratin.

Coincidence? I think not. The man's always hungry.

Loosen the band, play looser ...

*Well, not really "skinny" but no longer obese.

So... youre saying that he needs a snickers....

He needs a Jimmy Dean double cheese. Looks just like a double cheeseburger, use two large patties of Jimmy Dean original breakfast sausage in place of the burgers. Serve on Texas Toast, slice of medium cheddar and a slice of jack. Can add a fried egg if you are really adventurous. My wife says I am disgusting, I think I am a genius.

Probably make him puke with the band, or it might break the band... Coin flip.

I think some people simply lack the willpower to make it happen, and are frustrated with the yoyo of losing then gaining, so they go this route, which is guaranteed to work.

You simply cannot eat too many calories anymore.

I appreciate your response. Weight is a tough life long problem for many people. For the holidays I'll be taking a long flight to visit family. The seats are intentionally made to be tight. It's uncomfortable for those who are heavy and for those who sit next to them. The problem is at epidemic levels. Some people find it amusing to ridicule people who have this problem. I'm not one of them. It's a tough issue from a physical and psychological standpoint to endure.

I do however ridicule drunken fools who are grossly overweight and who take their shirts off on a cold day at the stadium. Exposing one's droopy man breasts in public should be considered a felony because it is an unnatural act and a crime against society. :sick:

So... youre saying that he needs a snickers....

Exactly. :thumbsup:

He needs a Jimmy Dean double cheese. Looks just like a double cheeseburger, use two large patties of Jimmy Dean original breakfast sausage in place of the burgers. Serve on Texas Toast, slice of medium cheddar and a slice of jack. Can add a fried egg if you are really adventurous. My wife says I am disgusting, I think I am a genius.

Probably make him puke with the band, or it might break the band... Coin flip.

I think I'll go make me one of those right now. Buffalo, you are indeed the culinary capital of the world. Worth busting the band for! :worthy:

• 2 weeks later...