Breaking Bad Season 6

BringBackFergy

No excuse for this. I will check my sources next time.

In the interim, let's change this thread to a new topic: favorite drink (not beer or wine). Mine is: Manhattan. 2 parts Canadian Club, 1 part sweet vermouth, bitters, cherry juice, a cherry and twist of lemon. On the rocks.

Great cocktail!

...but once I tried an Old Fashioned (not muddled, no sugar) I haven't gone back to the Manhattan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Old Fashioned that is not muddled or has no sugar is no longer an Old Fashioned.

An Old Fashioned DOES NOT need to be muddled in fact it ruins the proper "whisky color" the drink should have. As for the sugar, if you are using maraschino cherries along with an orange garnish, adding sugar at the beginning is redudant IMO and makes the drink too sweet for my tastes (even with the bitters as balance).

An Old Fashioned DOES NOT need to be muddled in fact it ruins the proper "whisky color" the drink should have. As for the sugar, if you are using maraschino cherries along with an orange garnish, adding sugar at the beginning is redudant IMO and makes the drink too sweet for my tastes (even with the bitters as balance).

When I was studying for the bar (ironically) I worked at the Park Country Club tending bar. I made countless "Old Fashioneds" and never understood the attraction. But they were using Maker's Mark and other top shelf stuff.

This was better than Fergy's an average QB is better than a franchise QB thread.

Howard Simon liked it...so did Gugny and TRBJ.

When I was studying for the bar (ironically) I worked at the Park Country Club tending bar. I made countless "Old Fashioneds" and never understood the attraction. But they were using Maker's Mark and other top shelf stuff.

Howard Simon liked it...so did Gugny and TRBJ.

Makers Mark is an overrated Bourbon. Not worth the premium price at all. Gut rot, heart burn city. Was not impressed at all when I had a bottle in September. I would take countless Bourbons, Ryes and Whiskeys at half the price over Makers.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Makers Mark is an overrated Bourbon. Not worth the premium price at all. Gut rot, heart burn city. Was not impressed at all when I had a bottle in September. I would take countless Bourbons, Ryes and Whiskeys at half the price over Makers.

A lot of guys I know say the same about Canadian Club....but I love CC so !@#$ them.