College Halloween Costume Sensitivity Consultants

In the article about this in my hometown paper, they also said you shouldn't dress as a person of another race, for example, no Pocohantes of you're not an American Indian. No Kanye West unless you're black, etc. Even then be careful because it might be offensive to some people.

Evidently Barack didn't see the article.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/president-obama-is-smitten-by-toddlers-adorable-baby-pope-costume-20153110

Some kid came to the White House trick or treating as the Pope. Couldn't that be offensive to some people? Not sure if he asked the kid if he was Catholic but he did declare it as the best costume.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the article about this in my hometown paper, they also said you shouldn't dress as a person of another race, for example, no Pocohantes of you're not an American Indian. No Kanye West unless you're black, etc. Even then be careful because it might be offensive to some people.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/president-obama-is-smitten-by-toddlers-adorable-baby-pope-costume-20153110

Some kid came to the White House trick or treating as the Pope. Couldn't that be offensive to some people? Not sure if he asked the kid if he was Catholic but he did declare it as the best costume.

So it's wrong to dress as someone you admire if you're not of that ethnicity? That is the dumbest thing ever. Hell it's dumb even if you're mocking that person. What a bunch of wienies we've become.

Edited by Chef Jim

I see pumpkins in that picture which will cause global warming. Very very bad and some of them have been painted which I'm sure is toxic.

Edited by keepthefaith

So it's wrong to dress as someone you admire if you're not if that ethnicity? That is the dumbest thing ever. Hell it's dumb even if you're making that person. What a bunch of wienies we've become.

Just wait until I see anyone of less than 50% Irish ethnicity celebrating St Patrick's Day.

I'm German. Can I dress as Hitler?

Just wait until I see anyone of less than 50% Irish ethnicity celebrating St Patrick's Day.

I'd go a step further, and require an Irish surname.

Here is a dilemma

My surname is English. Really English, like super WASP English. I can trace my lineage back to England in the 1600s when they came over to New England with the Puritans.

My fathers fathers mother was from England

My fathers mothers father was from Ireland

Am I allowed to celebrate St Pattys day anymore? Or does the oppression of some of my ancestors against my other ancestors prohibit me from imbibing the green beer?

Here is a dilemma

My surname is English. Really English, like super WASP English. I can trace my lineage back to England in the 1600s when they came over to New England with the Puritans.

Am I allowed to celebrate St Pattys day anymore? Or does the oppression of some of my ancestors against my other ancestors prohibit me from imbibing the green beer?

It does, right up until you renounce the repressive ancestors and adopt your mother's maiden name.

Here is a dilemma

You can, but only until 8:00 PM.

My mothers maiden name was also very English

I don't give a crap - I'll make you honorary Irish (as if I have any such authority - but that's never stopped me from making proclamations before) and will gladly drink a few beers with you. In fact, we can talk a lot of smack about what a bastard Cromwell was while we're drinking.

I don't give a crap - I'll make you honorary Irish (as if I have any such authority - but that's never stopped me from making proclamations before) and will gladly drink a few beers with you. In fact, we can talk a lot of smack about what a bastard Cromwell was while we're drinking.

Unless his last name happens to also be Cromwell, at which point you're obligated to kill him.

Okay...my wife's Irish, but when I met her had a Polish surname because her ex-husband's Italian family was forced to adopt it when they ran from the Chicago Mafia. So now she has a German surname...even though I'm half-French.

So can we celebrate the Chinese New Year?

Okay...my wife's Irish, but when I met her had a Polish surname because her ex-husband's Italian family was forced to adopt it when they ran from the Chicago Mafia. So now she has a German surname...even though I'm half-French.

So can we celebrate the Chinese New Year?

Not a Chinaman's chance.