Crowd Sourcing Worst Bills Losses Since 1997

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadspin just linked an article to a Cleveland fan who compiled the worst 100 Browns losses since 1999 with some commentary. It's really funny and very familiar (untimed downs from penalties, losing games in the final seconds, shaky ref calls, collapses in the final seconds, unsung players becoming heroes).

I think with the bye week, we should, for cathartic reasons only, put together our worst losses in some or no particular order. Maybe not 100, but God knows that would be easy, but maybe top 50. And then start a poll to rank.

I'll start it right off: 2004 Pittsburgh 29 Bills 24: In the last game of the season, with the Bills only needing to defeat the Steelers third-stringers AT HOME on an unseasonably warm January in Buffalo to make the playoffs, they let nobody Brian St. Pierre pick up a 4th and 1 late in the 4th quarter, keep a drive alive, waste four more minutes of clock and tack on 3 more points. St. Pierre was 0 for 1 with -3 yards rushing because of the victory kneel downs.

Here's the Browns article: https://subwayrecord.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/every-browns-loss-since-1999-ranked/

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Browns beat Buffalo 6-3 in the game that almost killed football. 2009

Skins game in Toronto 2011

Bills lose to Ravens in ot as forward progress rules are suspended. 2010

Bills Jets December 2008. Losman naked bootleg right, fumbles on 3rd and 1. Returned for a td with 1:54 remaining.

Edited by Jauronimo

Worst loss is some what vague. Worst loss in what way?

I'd agree with the OP in the loss to Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers in 2004 because had we won that game we would've been in the playoffs. There aren't too many other significant losses since 2001 because we've been so bad for so long.

You'll know a worst loss when you see one.

Like, maybe, 2007 Sunday Night Football Bills/Pats 56-10. There were more Pats fans than Bills fans in the lower bowl.

Okay-- here it is.

These are just our opening day losses:

2013: GW FG by the Patriots as time expires
2009: GW TD by the Patriots with 50 seconds left (after Pats trailed by 15 points with 2 minutes left) (1 point loss)
2007: GW FG by Broncos as time expires (1 point loss)
2006: Patriots score 12 unanswered points late in the game, win 19-17
2004: Jax beats us on last play of game
2002: Opening kick of OT returned for a TD--Jets win

You should expand this to include any game since Kelly left. If so, you have the Music City forward laterally and the most ironic 0-31 drubbing a team has ever received. It's almost like they decided that that was the exact score they wanted to beat us by.

Interestingly, 2 losses to the Browns would probably easily be in our top 5 (MNF game in 2008, had a winning record up until this loss, 29-27 loss, Trent throws three interceptions in 1st quarter) and of course (6-3 loss in 2009 at home to winless Browns, most pathetic game ever played).

last week wasn't to shabby on the suckitude scale.

it registered in Rochester.

But if it hasn't become a blur of suckiness/ bill-sy oe'r all this many year, then perhaps you take it all to seriously my friends

like a duck and water. let it roll

next week we'll get em!

A couple that were missed

8 to 0 blizzard game at Cleveland

Stevie johnson drop in ot against undefeated Steelers

That game at new england a few years ago when the pats couldn't even get a hand on spiller and 4chan failey phased him out on the last drive and Fitz threw the int

Edited by May Day 10

A couple that were missed

8 to 0 blizzard game at Cleveland

Stevie johnson drop in ot against undefeated Steelers

That game at new england a few years ago when the pats couldn't even get a hand on spiller and 4chan failey phased him out on the last drive and Fitz threw the int

"I praise you 24/7 and this how you do me? I'll never forgive you!" Or something close to what Stevie tweeted to God after dropping the catch