TNF: Miami at New England - 8:25 PM EDT on NFL Network

Miami has played well on D

NE is still halfway to 40

They are unbeatable

I wouldn't call giving up a 40 yard TD to Gronk and 93 yards and a TD to Lewis playing well.

Have they covered Lewis at all?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leading the league in sacks for the past two seasons, three out of four pro bowlers is evidence that they are NOT overrated. Your comment was a silly, unnecessary shot at the guys on the line when anyone watching the game knows it's scheme keeping their numbers down, not talent.

I'm not so sure that it's scheme. They ran Pettine's scheme pretty well, and it was about the opposite of a Schwartz D. They are talented. Yet they are underperforming. I look more to the players than the scheme. Not a lack of talent though.

I'm not so sure that it's scheme. They ran Pettine's scheme pretty well, and it was about the opposite of a Schwartz D. They are talented. Yet they are underperforming. I look more to the players than the scheme. Not a lack of talent though.

Agreed. I'm going to use the dreaded "O" word ... here it comes ... overrrrrrrrrrrated ......

Pettine's scheme and Rex's scheme are not the same. If you watch the games, particularly the all 22s of the first P*ts game and the Bungles, it's clearly scheme.

Agreed. I'm going to use the dreaded "O" word ... here it comes ... overrrrrrrrrrrated ......

They kicked butt for two straight years under two different schemes. I think it's all on Ryan & Thurman. dareus hasn't laid down since he got paid. 3 pro bowlers. Something is wrong. This team isn't buying what Ryan is selling.

IMO

And it's a game! (For about 5 minutes I'm afraid)

They kicked butt for two straight years under two different schemes. I think it's all on Ryan & Thurman. dareus hasn't laid down since he got paid. 3 pro bowlers. Something is wrong. This team isn't buying what Ryan is selling.

IMO

Something is indeed wrong, but I don't care what scheme they're playing. I don't recall any of the great front 4s declining like this just because a coach or a scheme changed.

Something is indeed wrong, but I don't care what scheme they're playing. I don't recall any of the great front 4s declining like this just because a coach or a scheme changed.

If you're not allowed to rush the passer because you're dropping into coverage and / or playing contain rather than pressure packages, the numbers go down. That's what you see when you look at the film rather than speculating. The talent is there and undeniable, as is the effort. It's all scheme.

Liberal arts or high education? Belichick is a graduate of Wesleyan. Matt Patricia, perhaps the league’s smartest defensive coordinator, graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. The owner Robert Kraft graduated from Columbia; and Jonathan Kraft, president of the team, from Williams. Belichick and the Patriots’ research director, Ernie Adams, met at Phillips Academy; Adams went on to Northwestern. Dallas Coach Jason Garrett went to Princeton, and Pittsburgh Coach Mike Tomlin to William & Mary — there are more well-educated personnel in N.F.L. management than might be guessed. But the Patriots are the top team in this regard.

That's Buffalo native Gregg Easterbrook. Are they just smarter than the rest of us (and that includes cheating smarter?). Loud mouth bullies Rex and Campbell not faring that well against fancy pants prep school boys ..

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/upshot/so-whats-the-patriots-secret-to-success.html?_r=0