Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Your right Sammy....you need to be on the field with a lower body injury and the team docs telling the coaches you cant play....what is wrong with you!

I dont know how bad his injury to his calf was and most of us never will. I think Sammy is at a point where he wont play through an injury. Then he comes back and sprains his ankle on a plant where he has to come back. The calf and ankle injuries were very low trauma events. Many perceive he is injury prone (brittle) or doesnt really care. Yeah I know he played with ribs last year. Like I have said most players at this point are playing through injuries its just how it is in contact sports. TT was going to play with an MCL sprain.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time he didn't take a jab at you. Perhaps if you read his INSTAGRAM post and not Twitter post you would understand that. But probably not.

Not only that but he said in his apology the exact thing you just asked him to.

and for the last time, he criticized those people for their blue collar jobs. that was the substance of his insult. it wasn't that they were stupid or ugly or weak or uncoordinated. it was that they were in loser, low level jobs and at lowly societal levels. perhaps you could make an argument that he didn't realize that his words would convey this meaning but I doubt it's true. I think that's exactly what he meant.

For the last time he didn't take a jab at you. Perhaps if you read his INSTAGRAM post and not Twitter post you would understand that. But probably not.

Not only that but he said in his apology the exact thing you just asked him to.

Im capable of reading and dissecting. He most certainly did with his piddley job statement. He did to alot of the fans but Kelly the Dog is always right so ok your right. His apology means nothing. Peace. Edited by billsfan_34

It has nothing to do with the platform it has to do with the substance. Sorry if you can't understand that. If I was Sammy I would of chose a much difference stance like -I know alot of your are frustrated and I am too. I am doing my very best getting back and contributing to our teams success. Thats what being a professional is all about. Instead he takes a jab at us blue collar folk - ones who have supported and spent loads of money through it all. Athletes like him make it easier on me to not renew my seasons next year.

That post might have got him even more crap than the pic of him and his daughter at Disneyland.

Again, if you posted on his Instagram, it was directed at you. If not, you're all good.

and for the last time, he criticized those people for their blue collar jobs. that was the substance of his insult. it wasn't that they were stupid or ugly or weak or uncoordinated. it was that they were in loser, low level jobs and at lowly societal levels. perhaps you could make an argument that he didn't realize that his words would convey this meaning but I doubt it's true. I think that's exactly what he meant.

How is "to all of you who have a problem with me being injured" on his Instagram, directed at people on his Instagram after they just disparaged him about his injury on Instagram, in any way directed at people who didn't disparage him about his injury on Instagram?

How is "to all of you who have a problem with me being injured" on his Instagram, directed at people on his Instagram after they just disparaged him about his injury on Instagram, in any way directed at people who didn't disparage him about his injury on Instagram?

exactly.

and noted that their jobs must suck if this is what they are doing with their lives. they could be white collar, wealthy, and still showing lack of satisfaction in life by chasing him around on instagram heckling him for being hurt.

if you are satisfied with your own life, you dont often do that kind of stuff to someone else.

how is thew use of having blue collar job as an insult to anyone, not an insult to everyone with a blue collar job? It simply is. if you can't follow that reasoning then it's not worth continuing.

exactly.

and noted that their jobs must suck if this is what they are doing with their lives. they could be white collar, wealthy, and still showing lack of satisfaction in life by chasing him around on instagram heckling him for being hurt.

if you are satisfied with your own life, you dont often do that kind of stuff to someone else.

there is nothing in his statement to suggest that this was what he meant. this is a quantum leap from what he wrote.

exactly.

So true.

Winning will help all of this.

Get well soon Sammie so you can show off your talents for the team we love. We need you!

how is thew use of having blue collar job as an insult to anyone, not an insult to everyone with a blue collar job? It simply is. if you can't follow that reasoning then it's not worth continuing.

So saying to all of you blue collar workers who steal from your boss is an insult to all blue collar workers?

Do you even know how Instagram works? People went to Sammys account, or they follow him intentionally, saw he had a pic of his kid at Disneyland on his personal account and made a direct post to him, like a text or instant message, abusing him for being injured. He posted back TO THOSE PEOPLE AND ONLY THOSE PEOPLE to all of you who posted. Not people who didn't post.

Would also throw out he never said "You people that work blue collar jobs are losers", or anything about blue collar workers at all.

Stop worrying about my job, because I'm on this end and forever will be

Losers, most of you just wish to be in this position

So continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives

Since everyone wants a response, here go one

Have a blessed day

And, with the term "little jobs" he could have even meant "lower profile than an NFL player", but just worded it VERY poorly.

Not excusing what he said, but not everything is an attack on Buffalo's Blue Collar pride...

there is nothing in his statement to suggest that this was what he meant. this is a quantum leap from what he wrote.

its directed squarely at the people doing this to him on instagram. and no where says blue collar.... saying hes directing it at blue collar workers everywhere seems like a leap too, no?

For the last time it was taking a shot at the people bashing him for being at disney with his family. How many times have you seen two people arguing and one argue that you make pennies compared to him? It happens on this very forum with salary comparison. He was simply hitting those people where it hurts. They deserved it. Like I said elsewhere, if you weren't bashing Sammy and injuries that are out of his control, then you are fine.

Kelly, given these Instagram posts are for the whole world to see and scrutinize, it's not really right to view it as a very personal conversation. I get that it was directed only at the hecklers but it's broadcast to a much wider audience some of whom took offense. Not a big surprise. If he had, eg, included a racial slur or something else contemptible, the same sort of logic applies: the "whole world" sees this stuff and he'd be called out for it.

Would also throw out he never said "You people that work blue collar jobs are losers", or anything about blue collar workers at all.

Stop worrying about my job, because I'm on this end and forever will be

Losers, most of you just wish to be in this position

So continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives

Since everyone wants a response, here go one

Have a blessed day

And, with the term "little jobs" he could have even meant "lower profile than an NFL player", but just worded it VERY poorly.

Not excusing what he said, but not everything is an attack on Buffalo's Blue Collar pride...

yep. I bet that's what he intended. it's really insulting to point out that someone is lower profile than an nfl player. I know i'd be offended!

For the last time it was taking a shot at the people bashing him for being at disney with his family. How many times have you seen two people arguing and one argue that you make pennies compared to him? It happens on this very forum with salary comparison. He was simply hitting those people where it hurts. They deserved it. Like I said elsewhere, if you weren't bashing Sammy and injuries that are out of his control, then you are fine.

i'm fine regardless. I couldn't care less what this guy thinks about anything. his opinion is worthless to me. now if he lives up to his draft ranking, that's worth something.

I love all my Bills players. It is a game that I love to watch. I do like to piss and moan when watching and sometimes cry but, at the middle of the week I know none of them want to be hurt and they all want to win just as bad as I want them to win.

I love all Things BILLS

Win, lose, or tie

I am a BILLS FAN till I die

Kelly, given these Instagram posts are for the whole world to see and scrutinize, it's not really right to view it as a very personal conversation. I get that it was directed only at the hecklers but it's broadcast to a much wider audience some of whom took offense. Not a big surprise. If he had, eg, included a racial slur or something else contemptible, the same sort of logic applies: the "whole world" sees this stuff and he'd be called out for it.

It's not really. You have to look for Sammy specifically or subscribe to him so it shows up in your own account. It's not just out there like, say, a newspaper article is. Yes, anyone can see his posts if they want to, but they have to specifically go there to get them. It's not just out in public.

yep. I bet that's what he intended. it's really insulting to point out that someone is lower profile than an nfl player. I know i'd be offended!

i'm fine regardless. I couldn't care less what this guy thinks about anything. his opinion is worthless to me. now if he lives up to his draft ranking, that's worth something.

Then who are you getting offended for?

It's not really. You have to look for Sammy specifically or subscribe to him so it shows up in your own account. It's not just out there like, say, a newspaper article is. Yes, anyone can see his posts if they want to, but they have to specifically go there to get them. It's not just out in public.

But c'mon, the fact we all learned about this, and given the basics of social media these days, this sort of stuff gets out and is broadly disseminated.