TT may not be ready for Dolfins so who do we start?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously may consider selling my tickets if EJ gets the start. I thought he had grown and progressed, but it's really the same old EJ. It just drives me nuts, he throws a couple balls that are beautiful and then a bounce pass and a 30 yard miss fire and an int, just frustrating. I am so done with him and will be curious who they bring in or draft at QB next season to replace EJ...

Ah, I misinterpreted "QB being discussed" since TT is part of the topic's title. Still not sure I share your sentiment, but carry on.

I have no agenda on EJ. I wanted him to win. But honestly can there be anyone D. Lee, Roman, Ryan. saying " he has potential lets see if his accuracy and game improve for another season" I would take a flyer on a rookie. I think unless he craps the bed. TT is viewed as a viable multi year starting prospect.

depends if Whaley is still here. Someone will give a 6 or 7. he is the only guy left connected to him On OBD.

Your guy.

Tyrod is my guy you know.

I seriously may consider selling my tickets if EJ gets the start. I thought he had grown and progressed, but it's really the same old EJ. It just drives me nuts, he throws a couple balls that are beautiful and then a bounce pass and a 30 yard miss fire and an int, just frustrating. I am so done with him and will be curious who they bring in or draft at QB next season to replace EJ...

I'll buy 2 of them for $50 each. 4 if you got them at the same price.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Tyrod is my guy you know.

Welcome then! i was seeing some weird stats being thrown by you since Sunday like the most INT's in a game by some pretty good QB's past and present. So I incorrectly assumed........................ Since TT was out for the past two games. Edited by Best Player Available

Football is all mental. The Dolphins fired their coach and had a bye week to prepare for Tennessee who aren't any good. Yes I know we barely beat them but the Titans were coming off their bye when we played them. Huge difference. So they blow them out and then go on to face a Texans defense that gave up 75 points in the last two weeks (including the Miami game).

So they had their bye week at a perfect time. Getting s new coach rejuvenated them. The bye week rejuvenated them. Two weak opponents rejuvenated them.

Now they get NE on Thursday Night. Welcome to reality. They'll get beat and their confidence will take a hit.

Now we're the team that's coming off a much needed bye. Hopefully Tyrod and Sammy play. I'm pretty certain McKelvin and Karlos will. Now we have that same opportunity Miami benefitted from. We can hit the reset button. If healthy, we'll beat them. With EJ we'll lose.

Hearing through grapevine that TT has had injury setback and concern he may not be ready next week to start against the Dolfins. If this is the case do the start the Putrid Ej, Johnson whom they just signed or some other guy off the street. If your the Bills what do you do?

At this point in time, anyone is a better option than EJ.

We get it you don't like EJ.

To ignore that EJ had 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD in the last 2 games is being ignorant of the whole picture.

Need I remind you of the 24 total points by the Bills the prior 2 games.

In the 2 losses EJ led the offense and put up 21 (14 himself) and 24 points (14 himself), and yes 3 turnovers which he overcame.

If you want to play the stats game. EJ had the same completion ratio and passed for 20 more yards than Dalton who is sitting at 6-0.

EJ put up 24 points last week? He now gets credit for field goals?

I'm fine with EJ. Yes, I said it. He **** the bed for 5 minutes last week, but also had us in a position to win. I certainly trust him more than Johnson or some guy off the street.

Why would you trust EJ more than anyone?

Makes zero sense.

With EJ you know you have a QB that can't hack it in the NFL.

With Josh Johnson or some dude off the street you might get something different.

What is Thad Lewis doing?

Why would you trust EJ more than anyone?

Makes zero sense.

With EJ you know you have a QB that can't hack it in the NFL.

With Josh Johnson or some dude off the street you might get something different.

What is Thad Lewis doing?

Because Johnson is new to our playbook, and some guy off the street is even newer, and frankly outside of a HORRIFIC few minutes, EJ did ok last week. This is not me saying he's good. This is me saying I'd rather stick with the guy we have and know, and gameplan around that, vs some random unknown.

But I know that doesn't fit the narrative, so I'll make it my last post on the subject.

I know the opinion is EJ is cooked. But i would love to see him with Watkins a starting line and a rested McCoy. Its a smoke screen ut lets see if he can be a real backup

It doesn't matter who is in. He's inaccurate and doesn't see open targets 11 yards away and checks down. Why would it be different if there are different players? God, this is just insane.

It doesn't matter who is in. He's inaccurate and doesn't see open targets 11 yards away and checks down. Why would it be different if there are different players? God, this is just insane.

But, but but....if he had better coaches and players around him... :wallbash:

We get it you don't like EJ.

To ignore that EJ had 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD in the last 2 games is being ignorant of the whole picture.

Need I remind you of the 24 total points by the Bills the prior 2 games.

In the 2 losses EJ led the offense and put up 21 (14 himself) and 24 points (14 himself), and yes 3 turnovers which he overcame.

If you want to play the stats game. EJ had the same completion ratio and passed for 20 more yards than Dalton who is sitting at 6-0.

Thank you for your opinion but you didn't answer my question

I'm fine with EJ. Yes, I said it. He **** the bed for 5 minutes last week, but also had us in a position to win. I certainly trust him more than Johnson or some guy off the street.

Agreed. After the first half, I finally admitted EJ just doesn't have it. I've been hoping EJ would finally prove to be the QB we all wanted him to be, but Tyrod needs to be our QB, period. Then the second half happened, and EJ looked like a decent backup.

After a couple days, I stilll have the same opinion. EJ needs more time to learn the game, work on his mechanics, and gain confidence in himself. But, in the meantime, he's not a complete disaster as a backup. For those saying... Anyone but EJ; I say step back and look objectively at most of the backups, and waiver wire guys out there. They suck. Look at what Dallas is going through, or Houston, washington, or Arizona last year when their starting QB went out.

Welcome then! i was seeing some weird stats being thrown by you since Sunday like the most INT's in a game by some pretty good QB's past and present. So I incorrectly assumed........................ Since TT was out for the past two games.

To your question - When have I not been a TT fan / supporter? Because I was busting balls with the EJ stinks crowd in preseason?

Assumptions makes an azz out of you and me. Half the detractors here assume I am a Super Fan because I defend EJ against the Super Critics who trash him relentlessly.

Stats are useless when used improperly.

My point was that people are claiming that EJ sucks 100% and is a complete failure because he threw 2 INT's in the game. I simply pointed out how ELITE QB's have had 4 (not listed Tom Brady 2x), 5, 6, and was it 7 INT's in one game.

You need to look at the whole picture and not a fraction of it when completely trashing a player.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Hardly.

I'm still waiting for EJ Manuel to be "cut as soon as free agency starts".

He has inarguably provided info for us that was "insider" before it happened.

He's also got some wacky personal opinions.

Those are mutually exclusive but he doesn't always discern between the two.