Hey Pegula...Follow this Dykstra Advice

plenzmd1

all I have to say is wow this is like the smoking gun. Former Major League Baseball player and NY Met Lenny Dkystra Hired PI's To Track Umpires to get calls by using the info he got from the Private Investigators and used it to squeeze the umpires to his advantage. So he ends up leading the League in walks and on base percentage and gets huge contracts. He spent over a half Million dollars getting the dirt

on these Umpires and using it to his advantage.

Video proof https://amp.twimg.com/v261514b1-14bd-4df3-bca9-f342d89d6da6

Edited by billsareback

Wow--just----wow. I'll be interested to hear the reactions of the "this could never happen in a major sport" crowd. Here's another data point (to go along with the Serie A ref fixing and Tim Donaghy, among others) showing biased officiating in a major sport. My favorite quote:

"“Their blood’s just as red as ours,” said Dykstra, who spent 12 years in the majors. “Some of them like women, some of them like men, some of them gamble, some of them do whatever.”"

Kind of describes all of humanity in one way, shape or form, doesn't it?

Also makes his later fraud convictions not that much of an aberration. I always disliked Lenny as a player, now perhaps with hindsight, I know why.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/lenny-dykstra-blackmail-umps-walks-plate-article-1.2413364

Nails has lied so many times, some just for attention that I can't take this seriously.

I hear what your saying. I loved Nails as a Met but he is a pretty dispicable person. But as I have said this before. If history has taught us anything when there is money involved, corruption is usually near. Don't think for one minute that some of these games are not fixed at both college & the pro level & that some of these refs are not getting paid off. Greed is a part of human nature.

Where is the video proof you said was in the video? It was Dykstra telling a story, which isn't the same thing especially coming from Lenny. This coming from a huge Phillies fan and Dyskstra was my favorite player during that era but the guy can't be trusted. He very well could be telling the truth but he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by MDH

With all of Dystra's financial problems - and his history of untruths - this does seem like a gimmick to sell books.

Then again, his character is flawed enough that he might have actually stooped this low.

I guess if Pegs had something like this, Robey wouldn't have gotten that flag.

But Dykstra's life is a mess because that's usually what happens to people like him.

Edited by hondo in seattle