13 Rapid Reactions

Mikie2times

1. I feel sick. This team is destined to be on the 8-8 to 9-7 path, this will be the game we look at in December as the “what if” game.

2. The PI call was absurd; if I’m a fan I’m angry, if I’m a coach I’m angry the refs had the ability to make that decision. We can say that call cost us the game, it should have never come to that.

3. Looking at points scored in this game is pointless. The defense played well. They seemed to be communicating better. Things seemed simplified. I think Rex did well as far as adjustments.

4. I think the viewpoint between Taylor and Manuel prior to Cincinnati was either a wash or close to it. No question Taylor wins this game and he is way ahead of Manuel as far as the total package he brings.

5. McCoy is elite. He was worth the trade. I’m not even talking about the fumble. RB’s will fumble at times. That was an incredible run and the high impact collision came as he was falling down backwards while protecting the ball.

6. Injuries are becoming too much to handle. Single high coverage all game. Easley finally beat it. No way would Jacks play us like that if Sammy was on the field. I thought our complimentary WR’s did well today all things considered.

7. Dareus has been very disappointing this year. You can put some of that on Rex but I’m just not seeing hustle from his game. Seems like so many players get paid and just check out.

8. Whaley made a very bad decision on “Meh”. “Meh” wins this game. Two HC’s indicated based on actions they didn’t feel comfortable with EJ. If your goal is the playoffs you do not make that trade.

9. Richie has been the most consistent high level addition this team has added

10. Roman vomited on himself on both opposite hand bootlegs. That is such a hard throw to make. Literally stunned we would force our QB to square hips and cross body throw on a game deciding play

11. I expect this team will look night and day out of the bye. Problem is it’s likely too late.

12. Out of all the years of the playoff drought this is shaping up to be among the more disheartening. You see the talent. It’s been either injured or underutilized. This should be a playoff team. I don’t feel like that is based on hope, but based on talent. Just a sickening feeling.

13. EJ is done. After this season I’m not sure if he can hold a backup job. Within this season, I really don’t feel like we have a viable back up anymore. Scary with a guy like Taylor. We did have a vet back up at one point. I like a lot of the moves Whaley has made, but this was a massive error and could cost him his job.