Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

Hopefully they keep the name San Diego Chargers like the Niners did. I realize it's a bigger change in general, but I don't think LA Chargers sounds right at all.

You do know they were the LA Chargers once in the old AFL? How about SoCal Chargers? Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL's greed and indifference to fans other than the super rich is just disgusting. Wait and see what happens if Buffalo and the State of New York aren't willing to cough up big bucks for a new stadium. It will be the London Bills, the Mexico City Bills, the Las Vegas Bills or the San Antonio Bills once the onerous prohibitions against moving expire in the current lease.

It's up to the owner to move the team, not the NFL. Pegula is not moving the team, so stop making up nonsense.

Pegula did not buy the Bills to make money. That's nonsense. He overpaid by $400m for no reason just to get it over with.

While I do believe there was a bit of philanthropy involved with the purchase, it's foolish to think he made a 1.4b investment just to simply please the masses.

The Pegulas saved the Bills. For me, they get a very long long pass for any incompetence that may arise.

I'm not sure why the Pegulas have come up in this thread, but they are good in my book. They'll make money on the team as they move it downtown, and basically own the heart of downtown. Good with me as it entrenches this team in Buffalo for the next 25 years.

As far as the vote yesterday, it is interesting the committee recommended Carson, and the vote ended on Englewood. Kronkie placed the right deal on the table. The other winner here is Mark Davis will get compensation for staying in Oakland. They will get hundreds of millions of dollars most likely to build a new stadium and get to stay put.

I feel bad for St, Louis and San Diego fans.

The ghosts of Bob Waterfield, Elroy 'Crazy Legs' Hirsch, Tom Fears, the Fearsome Foursome, Eric Dickerson come alive today. (Yes, Waterfield was a Cleveland Ram as well).

They shouldn't have left to begin with. Never was good with the 'St. Louis Rams'. Then again, The Cardinals shouldn't have left either, IMO.

Go Golden State 'Cha-jas', GO!

The ghosts of Bob Waterfield, Elroy 'Crazy Legs' Hirsch, Tom Fears, the Fearsome Foursome, Eric Dickerson come alive today. (Yes, Waterfield was a Cleveland Ram as well).

They shouldn't have left to begin with. Never was good with the 'St. Louis Rams'. Then again, The Cardinals shouldn't have left either, IMO.

From Chicago? B-)

I'm not sure why the Pegulas have come up in this thread, but they are good in my book. They'll make money on the team as they move it downtown, and basically own the heart of downtown. Good with me as it entrenches this team in Buffalo for the next 25 years.

As far as the vote yesterday, it is interesting the committee recommended Carson, and the vote ended on Englewood. Kronkie placed the right deal on the table. The other winner here is Mark Davis will get compensation for staying in Oakland. They will get hundreds of millions of dollars most likely to build a new stadium and get to stay put.

I feel bad for St, Louis and San Diego fans.

I don't get it either. They and the other owners voted to move the Rams back to where they moved from 20 years ago, voted for the proposal that didn't require massive taxpayer money, and voted to at least temporarily keep two of the great AFL franchises in place.

There's at least a hope now that Oakland and/or SD can work out something in their current city. Did people here really want to see both the Chargers and Raiders move to Carson? Or did people really think the NFL was never going to return to LA? Or is this reaction just the obsessive need to make everything about Buffalo and Bills' fans darkest fears?

I can't think of how this process could have ended up going any better.

From Chicago? B-)

LOL

By now Cleveland ought to have 3 teams!

I agree on the Rams. I never really got used to the St. Louis thing. The Cardinals, I had more trouble getting used to the Phoenix-Arizona thing.

St. Louis will get a crack at the NFL before long.

I don't get it either. They and the other owners voted to move the Rams back to where they moved from 20 years ago, voted for the proposal that didn't require massive taxpayer money, and voted to at least temporarily keep two of the great AFL franchises in place.

There's at least a hope now that Oakland and/or SD can work out something in their current city. Did people here really want to see both the Chargers and Raiders move to Carson? Or did people really think the NFL was never going to return to LA? Or is this reaction just the obsessive need to make everything about Buffalo and Bills' fans darkest fears?

I can't think of how this process could have ended up going any better.

I agree. I hate teams moving... but let's face it, team(s) were moving, it was just determining the configuration. It would have been silly for Pegula to vote against it, just because RW might have. He is his own owner and needs to gain political favor there as the new guy.

Kroenke incinerated the bridge to St Louis and if he were not selected, it would have gotten very ugly and probably worse for St Louis fans. Then we would have both San Diego and Oakland also relocating.

I agree on the Rams. I never really got used to the St. Louis thing. The Cardinals, I had more trouble getting used to the Phoenix-Arizona thing.

St. Louis will get a crack at the NFL before long.

I'm not so sure since they have now lost two teams in fairly recent history.

That makes perfect sense.

I don't know why the Raiders and 49'ers share Levi's Stadium.

And that stadium is as close to Oakland as it is to San Francisco. Plus then nobody would have to go into Oakland to see a game. Edited by BarleyNY

Im not sure I would consider this them 'losing' a team as much as it was a highly motivated owner desiring to create an enterprise in Los Angeles.

As far as I know, St. Louis had a pretty legit $1 Billion dollar stadium development in the works. Maybe they can dangle that carrot for Oakland, San Diego, or a future expansion opportunity.