Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

Rams are LA's team; they were there a decade before the Dodgers.

Exactly. I don't get all the Kroenke and Pegula hate.

Typical lazy hot takes at TBD.

Pegula, as an NFl owner, wants what they all want...more money. It's the reason he bought the team,

Kroenke used his hopeless demand for public money for upgrades in STL (and their subsequent denial) as an excuse to justify his move to LA, where he will build a 1.7 billion dollar stadium. Knocking him for asking for public money is idiotic.

How does anyone not get this?

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) Governments shouldn't be subsidizing stadium projects for billion dollar companies.

B) Kroenke is the biggest piece of scum since art modell.

Damn that Kroenke for investing $2 billion of his own money in the dump that is Inglewood, CA!!

Vote passes 30-2. I wonder who voted "no."

Ralph, from the grave.

Pegula, as an NFl owner, wants what they all want...more money. It's the reason he bought the team,

Kroenke used his hopeless demand for public money for upgrades in STL (and their subsequent denial) as an excuse to justify his move to LA, where he will build a 1.7 billion dollar stadium. Knocking him for asking for public money is idiotic.

How does anyone not get this?

Pegula did not buy the Bills to make money. That's nonsense. He overpaid by $400m for no reason just to get it over with.

This very unfortunate. Two cities that supported their teams should not be losing them. This is bad for the NFL. Does this mean that there will be more movement of teams going forward or was this only about LA?

I think this gives Pegula at least some leverage with NYS to at least pay for something related to a new stadium (such as improvements to transportation/roads), but I have no idea whether he would use it.

I do like how they at least gave San Diego some time and their city the opportunity to keep their team. They didn't have to do that and I think Dean Spanos(SD owner) will try to keep the team there. It's essentially up to the City. Qualcomm stadium is an absolute dumpster fire.

I am so happy we still have the Bills, but watching that POS Jerry Jones talking about the "instrumental role" he played in the Rams moving to LA just made me really sick...it is another in a growing list of things that are really making me start to really hate the NFL. Blabbering on about the "great tradition of the Rams in LA"...!@#$ you NFL. Stan Kroenke is slime...

Edited by Buftex

They were originally the LA Chargers and there is no chance whatsoever they keep the San Diego name.

Yeah I knew that, but honestly, the SD Chargers has a much better ring.

Pegula, as an NFl owner, wants what they all want...more money. It's the reason he bought the team.

Although, he did say when buying the Bills, "If I wanted more money, I could just drill another well."

That aside, I wish he had voted no. It doesn't make me think less of him that he didn't, but I just think it would have been a nice gesture. Especially considering Ralph Wilson's legacy.

I certainly hope you're right, however, if there is no public money for the stadium, I don't think it gets built, and the NFL will be pressuring the Pegulas to move since The Ralph will be deemed inadequate for the plutocrats who run the league.

The Bills aren't going anywhere. There doesn't need to be public money for the stadium. The Pegula's could pay for it or they could partner with another investor to finance it privately.

I doubt when the new stadium is built it will just be a stadium. More than likely it will be a stadium/entertainment/retail venture. I think where the state comes in is with money for infrastructure changes and transportation (subway/rail) upgrades/development. The state can justify that expense because it would serve the city/region outside of just fans who use the stadium.

I like the Englewood option but with the chargers instead. some radio guy from LA was talking abt how much better Englewood would be with being able to everything around town plus the game.

I go to church in Inglewood. It is very residential. I imagine they are going to have to expand/widen some roads around Hollywood Park.

Edited by purple haze