Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

I did NOT realize that. The NFL didn't need a corporate marketing division, just one person with a little common sense would have sufficed.

(I half kid, because fashions change, but it's hard to believe that was ever good.)

Green Bay: packersuni.gif

Guess who:

1960BuffaloBills.jpg

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer: energy costs. There is a difference between desalinating enough water for a boat and an entire metro area.

Actually a major desalination plant for San Diego will be going online later this year and reach capacity of 50 million gallons a day, about 7% of San Diego's use.

@AP_NFL

Reps for cities of St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland set to give presentations to NFL next week http://apne.ws/1Rt9NYq

#NFLLA

We'll end up with three LA teams! I'd be surprised if we didn't hear about the Raiders filing soon - doesn't SD NEED them along for the ride so they can both share the stadium in lovely Carson?

I'm heading to SD in a couple weeks - love places like Encinitas, but SD in general is not where I'd want to be in the good ol USA!

As a Bills fan in San Diego, sports fans here are like Dolphins fans in Miami... a few passionate ones sprinkled around.

I'm not sticking around this area despite the "beautiful weather" that is turning into Arizona real fast with all the outrageous drought conditions, $3.00/gal gas while everyone else enjoys under $2 a gallon, and other things. I would NOT recommend San Diego to anyone from the rest of the country... soon it's going to be REAL bad. Football is going to be a very minor concern!!!

Lol who has gas under $2? No one in Pennsylvania, and your weather's a lot nicer.

interesting perspective - thanks. I know it is very expensive and though it is nice, if it's 100 degrees with droughts it's not worth it!

Does it get that hot in SD? I thought hteir claim to fame was it is never too hot/never too cold, perfect temperature. I know once in awhile like a few years back the whole west coast had that unbelievable heat wave I remember watching an early season game with Oregon & Mich St in Eugene & it was 100 degrees. But I don't think that is the norm.

Recall who stole the Buffalo Braves. Still stinks. By the way, why is the NFL so against expanding?

The NFL's official position has been as follows:

1. We want to return to the Los Angeles market.
  2. We want to have a team in London some day.
  3. We want our teams to stay in their existing markets.
  4. We do not want to expand.

Can't do all four. Wonder which position is BS?

Short term it is #3.... medium term it is #4.

Expansion will happen. It is minimum 10 years away though and probably closer to 20. It would not surprise me if expansion meant 4 non-US teams. A London team, a Mexican team, a Canadian team (or maybe two)?

we have dipped below 2 in Cbus but it mostly hovers around the low 2s lately. I will take it as compared to the last few years!

In PA, where I live lowest you can find is like 2.25 but if you cross the Jersey line, you can get it for 1.75.

Taxes here are absurd. Supposedly they're for road repair. But anyone who's driven here will tell you our roads are awful.

In PA, where I live lowest you can find is like 2.25 but if you cross the Jersey line, you can get it for 1.75.

Taxes here are absurd. Supposedly they're for road repair. But anyone who's driven here will tell you our roads are awful.

Haven't driven in your neck of the woods in a while, but, yes, the roads are infamously bad. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...