Hurricane Patricia

BTW, was just reading an article and it had this line in it

I mean, i am pooping my pants if i have to fly when its raining and 15 MPH winds....how in the hell do these guys get into those planes and fly INTO a hurricane. Can someone smart here explain why those things don't crash?

They fly over the storm, into the eye, then measure eyewall wind speeds remotely.

It's still not fun - swirling 25kt winds and lots of turbulence. But it's not flying through 200mph winds.

BTW, was just reading an article and it had this line in it

I mean, i am pooping my pants if i have to fly when its raining and 15 MPH winds....how in the hell do these guys get into those planes and fly INTO a hurricane. Can someone smart here explain why those things don't crash?

I would love to be a hurricane hunter! I dig turbulence, and extreme weather is one of my favorite passions

Sadly, there isn't much here to get you paying attention. After all this **** Weather channel and such blows mout not proportion many just stopped caring.

Hope they fair well there

Apparently, you've never had to use the same bathroom as Beerball.

why were you in the women's Bathroom?

Sadly, there isn't much here to get you paying attention. After all this **** Weather channel and such blows mout not proportion many just stopped caring.

Hope they fair well there

why were you in the women's Bathroom?

I was thinking the exact same thing. The fear monger that is the weather channel has cried wolf so much over relatively minor storms that this one is being ignored by many. This is the real deal. This will sound ****ty but I hope the death toll is limited to the dozens, not hundreds or thousands.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The fear monger that is the weather channel has cried wolf so much over relatively minor storms that this one is being ignored by many. This is the real deal. This will sound ****ty but I hope the death toll is limited to the dozens, not hundreds or thousands.

Not Chitty at all. I do not know what the population/infrastructure looks like there. I do not pray, but I am hoping for the best for the folks who are stuck there.

I don't think the storm is being ignored. I think the Weather Channel is being ignored. "Most dangerous storm in history." "Most powerful hurricane ever," (Side note: Gilbert was stronger at landfall, though not by much.) This is a bad storm, but the news is making it out to be a real-life Roland Emmerich movie.

If it's being "ignored," it's because the damn thing practically did come out of nowhere. About 40 hours ago it was a tropical storm.