Hurricane Patricia

This is scary guys.

Catastrophic category 5 hurricane to hit Mexico later this afternoon.

205 MPH winds

People there will experience the equivalent of an EF5 tornado and a 40 foot tsunami at the same time

Strongest hurricane ever on record

Mexico has declared a state of emergency

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/hurricane-patricia-strongest-storm-ever-measured-hit-mexico-n449731

Thoughts and prayers to anyone in its path

God be with you

CBF

This is scary guys.

205 MPH winds

People there will experience the equivalent of an EF5 tornado and a 40 foot tsunami at the same time

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/hurricane-patricia-strongest-storm-ever-measured-hit-mexico-n449731

God be with you

CBF

anyone in its path needs to get the frig out there. For those who cannot leave, godspeed. This looks to be awful.

This is scary guys.

205 MPH winds

Mexico has declared a state of emergency

God be with you

CBF

More like an EF3 tornado. The difference being "reduce houses to rubble" versus "strip the asphalt from a roadbed" (which has been recorded in EF5's). But a tornado's about a kilometer wide or so. Patricia's 100 times as wide.

If anyone's wondering why you're only first hearing about it...it pretty much came out of nowhere. 24 hours ago it was a tropical storm. Central pressure dropped about 120mb in a day, and 45mb in two hours this morning, which is unreal.

BTW, was just reading an article and it had this line in it

Hurricane hunters who are flying through Patricia are reporting sustained winds of 200 mphand even stronger gusts.

I mean, i am pooping my pants if i have to fly when its raining and 15 MPH winds....how in the hell do these guys get into those planes and fly INTO a hurricane. Can someone smart here explain why those things don't crash?

BTW, was just reading an article and it had this line in it

I mean, i am pooping my pants if i have to fly when its raining and 15 MPH winds....how in the hell do these guys get into those planes and fly INTO a hurricane. Can someone smart here explain why those things don't crash?

Don't ask Fred Jackson.