Bills sign OL Jordan Mills off of Lions PS

YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i read that nearly all players who enter concussion protocol miss at least 1 game (though not required by league) and a lot miss 2. Corey Graham case was rare where he is immediately cleared. They would have no choice but to sign a depth guy now with that norm.

There are going to be a lot of missed games in the NFL if a player misses 2 or more games every time they get a concussion. I wonder how much it really helps anyway. The player still got the concussion. What they really need to do is prevent concussions from happening.

There are going to be a lot of missed games in the NFL if a player misses 2 or more games every time they get a concussion. I wonder how much it really helps anyway. The player still got the concussion. What they really need to do is prevent concussions from happening.

i don't have the stats and just going by what a local reporter said recently. But it seems they are being very cautious, requiring the independent neurologist to clear them vs team doctors ..,probably trying to avoid future lawsuits. Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't have the stats and just going by what a local reporter said recently. But it seems they are being very cautious, requiring the independent neurologist to clear them vs team doctors ..,probably trying to avoid future lawsuits.

Well sure...But I wonder how this is going to effect NFL rosters in the future?...I have zero problem with them landing on the side of caution...It's good all around...Just wondering if something will need to be done to expand rosters if it proves to be a significant amount of time missed... B-)

Well sure...But I wonder how this is going to effect NFL rosters in the future?...I have zero problem with them landing on the side of caution...It's good all around...Just wondering if something will need to be done to expand rosters if it proves to be a significant amount of time missed... B-)

I could see them developing something like MLB has with a short term roster exemption designed only for players in the concussion protocol. That would prevent (in theory) players from trying to rush back in fear of losing their roster spot.