Airplane reclining seat rage

When the airlines decided to jam so many seats into the cabin they never restricted the recline angles of the seats. Therefore when you get some old ladies head in your lap, you may react.

I worked for United 1968-2003. The 737's were new in 1967. United bought 75 of them, and the original seat configuration for the 737-200, was 24F/67Y (Y) coach. Compare that to the cattle cars flying today. Some airlines such as Alaska fly 737-900's trans-con, and west coast USA to Hawaii.

No thank you! People need to remember that they are on an airplane, not a pullman coach.

When the airlines decided to jam so many seats into the cabin they never restricted the recline angles of the seats. Therefore when you get some old ladies head in your lap, you may react.

I worked for United 1968-2003. The 737's were new in 1967. United bought 75 of them, and the original seat configuration for the 737-200, was 24F/67Y (Y) coach. Compare that to the cattle cars flying today. Some airlines such as Alaska fly 737-900's trans-con, and west coast USA to Hawaii.

No thank you! People need to remember that they are on an airplane, not a pullman coach.

They need to just get rid of the recline function on these seats. Luckily I don't travel as much as once did, but no matter how uncomfortable I am, I don't recline when I fly now. Like you said, the seats are just too close together; it's not fair to the person behind.

True, they usually look something like this:

cd0f82601a05151c5d51bc64d4048ab9.600x.jp

That has too be a very old pic. No way would a airline serve that much Very funny though. Now, I get dirty looks when I order a double.

Once three of us had ordered our third drink, were making no noise nothing. And the smart ass attendant asked

" would you,like a application to AA with these drinks?" Like many i have story's a-plenty. Once after a huge Billls win flying back to SF. A Hammered Bills fan threw a C-note on the attenant's cart and said " buy anyone with Buffalo Bills gear on a drink" She Threw it back at him. LOL

True, they usually look something like this:

cd0f82601a05151c5d51bc64d4048ab9.600x.jp

Is that Kyle Orton?

That has too be a very old pic. No way would a airline serve that much Very funny though. Now, I get dirty looks when I order a double.

Once three of us had ordered our third drink, were making no noise nothing. And the smart ass attendant asked

" would you,like a application to AA with these drinks?" Like many i have story's a-plenty. Once after a huge Billls win flying back to SF. A Hammered Bills fan threw a C-note on the attenant's cart and said " buy anyone with Buffalo Bills gear on a drink" She Threw it back at him. LOL

Rookie mistake. Always get plowed at the airport bar prior to boarding, everybody knows that.

Low point story: vacation flight to Raleigh a few years back, my wife and I got tipsy at the bar and made friends with this couple on the flight... Got to Raleigh and was so lit we couldn't pick up our rental car. It was fun though