Why didn't Rex challenge "the catch"?

Looking at that on replay it looked to me that the nose of the ball hit the ground on that long pass. I thought Gilmore was going to get the pick but looking at it after the fact it didn't appear he maintained control and the ball hit the ground. Anyone else notice this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahvyw2cnO2Y

Watch closely when he rolls over. You can clearly see the ball on the ground during the process of the catch.

Looking at that on replay it looked to me that the nose of the ball hit the ground on that long pass. I thought Gilmore was going to get the pick but looking at it after the fact it didn't appear he maintained control and the ball hit the ground. Anyone else notice this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahvyw2cnO2Y

Watch closely when he rolls over. You can clearly see the ball on the ground during the process of the catch.

The ball can touch the ground as long as the receiver maintains full control and Jones did (See Bert Emmanuel Rule). There was nothing to challenge.

The ball can touch the ground as long as the receiver maintains full control and Jones did (See Bert Emmanuel Rule). There was nothing to challenge.

It just appears to me that the ball is moving and that he didn't have "full control" of it. Could've been worth a look in a critical part of the game IMO...

I just watched it a couple times and he seemed to have it locked tight by the time he hit the ground. Great catch.

Only reason to challenge that is to hope for a zebra screwup or at the very least slow the bengal roll during the review.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Agreed, having just re-watched it a few times. That ball didn't budge.

By the way, we are like the only team that Marvin Jones destroys.

outside of that it was 8 catches for 53 yards. the dude made a helluva catch, but hardly destroyed us....

I've sometimes heard announcers say that when the ball hits the ground, the receiver is supposed to have his hands under the ball in order for it to be a good catch. Don't know if the latter is true, but in this case he did not, rather, he had his hands on both sides of the ball.