Did Doug Waley support/want the Rex Ryan hire?

Jobot

Does anyone know/remember what Waley's stance was on the Rex Ryan hire? I'm sure he had some influence when the Pegula's hired Rex, but I'm wondering how much of an endorsement he gave, if any for Rex.

These types of games (loss to the Bengals) that we just saw worry me that we may need multiple drafts to get the right personel in to fit Rex's scheme... unless we are just watching a defense that is still learning a new style (which I don't buy at this point)

Anyways, if scheme and player fit is currently the problem with the Bills D, I would assume Waley should have know that this would be a problem going into the season...which further makes me wonder if Waley supported the Rex hire from the start, or if Pegula just went with his gut with Rex. Remember, the message and stance from Rex and Waley regarding player cuts has been tip-toed around with much tension.

who gives a #$%^@$#% what whaley wants. he doesn't even know what he wants.

From my perspective, the one thing that was made very clear in the offseason was that Whaley was NOT hiring the new coach. It's impossible to say what his opinion of the hire was, but IF the Ryan hire goes down in flames, no one can flat out blame Whaley.

Two good defensive efforts/wins and everyone will be drooling again ...

And not without merit. The problem right now is that it seems Rex has a horrible scheme that has been completely exposed, yet he keeps going back to it. If he shows he's willing to change when he makes a mistake, he'll deserve the good will.

Two good defensive efforts/wins and everyone will be drooling again ...

the only way that happens if Rex stops being cute with his defense and lets the DL do what it is paid to do. Go after the QB

Why he has a 100 +++ million DL, whose claim to fame is causing havoc in the backfield, dropping into coverage, does not seem very smart.

Edited by ddaryl