(OT) Mmmmmmmmmmmm......

stevestojan

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/02/15...n.ap/index.html

And speaking of tasty crustaceans, during the Kentucky Derby, we were at Papa Bears (the Bills Bar down here) and one of the regulars went to New Orleans the weekend before and brought back 150 pounds of the freshest, tastiest crawfish you've ever seen. Boiled those little bastards alive. We actually had races with some of them. Little did the winner know the finish line was a huge pot of boiling water - with some tasty seasonings. Oh well - you live, you learn.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/02/15...n.ap/index.html

And speaking of tasty crustaceans, during the Kentucky Derby, we were at Papa Bears (the Bills Bar down here) and one of the regulars went to New Orleans the weekend before and brought back 150 pounds of the freshest, tastiest crawfish you've ever seen. Boiled those little bastards alive. We actually had races with some of them. Little did the winner know the finish line was a huge pot of boiling water - with some tasty seasonings. Oh well - you live, you learn.

239805[/snapback]

Gotta suck the heads off them mud bugs !

They let the good times roll ~

That was about as un-scientific as you can get.

But, in other news, I also made lobster tails for me and the wife last night for Valentine's Day. Oh, man!

239819[/snapback]

More of a king crab man here, unless the lobster has been caught within in a day and is less than 1 1/2 lbs.

That was about as un-scientific as you can get.

239819[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these "scientists" were huge fans of seafood.

PETA sucks. Seriously.

I mean, what's next? Are they gonna cry about steaming clams? After all, they are alive when until opened.

Well, looks like I'm going to the fish market on my way home tonight! Man, I could eat some crawfish and clams right now....

Incorrect!

I had a tail last friday and ate it with just lemon.

240115[/snapback]

What do you think - was it the lead, mercury, beryllium, or cadmuim which gave it that added piquancy? Perhaps the acid in the lemon juice could have helped them go into solution for your taste buds..:D

:D Steve, Do you have a little cajun blood in you?

240154[/snapback]

HA! I had a feeling you'd show up here.

Well, as the bar I go to, there is a big paved lot in the back that no one uses. So, my friend (the owner) got three of those giant "turkey fryers" but used them to boil the crawfish. The guy who brough the 150 pounds of em is from New Orleans. So, he took some cheesecloth and add a TON of different spices and things to it, wrapped it up and threw one in each pot. Then, those little bastards (who, by the way, have a nasty little pinch to em) went it. But first, we set up a huge wooden plank over one pot and had 8 of em race. But first, Hook (the guy from New Orleans) took each one and rubber banded a number to them... We each bet on one, and off they went. Winner was the first to get boiled. :blink:

Man, though, after eatin' the tail, sucking the head is some goooood eats.

Lobster wishes it was Alaskan King Crab fresh from the bay.

240133[/snapback]

Darin when do you get the legs fresh. Thought I saw a special that said basically all of the crab is processed and frozen on the boat. Man, I bet fresh King Crab is just awesome. Had King Crab for the Superbowl. Appetizer was spiced shrimp, which one must use Wye River Spicy Black Pepper recipe, Old Bay is for the birds

HA! I had a feeling you'd show up here.

Well, as the bar I go to, there is a big paved lot in the back that no one uses. So, my friend (the owner) got three of those giant "turkey fryers" but used them to boil the crawfish. The guy who brough the 150 pounds of em is from New Orleans. So, he took some cheesecloth and add a TON of different spices and things to it, wrapped it up and threw one in each pot. Then, those little bastards (who, by the way, have a nasty little pinch to em) went it. But first, we set up a huge wooden plank over one pot and had 8 of em race. But first, Hook (the guy from New Orleans) took each one and rubber banded a number to them... We each bet on one, and off they went.  Winner was the first to get boiled. :D

Man, though, after eatin' the tail, sucking the head is some goooood eats.

240164[/snapback]

lol, sounds like a kick ass party. There's nothing better than a sack of crawfish, and couple cases of beer.

Mr brother in law catches crawfish for a living, so I usually eat them pretty often when he decides to keep a sack for himself.

I just got a new pot for Christmas, haven't used it yet, I just might have to put it to use soon! :devil: