Week 7: Jaguars' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

I have a feeling harvin is injured and can't play.

The "personal reason" was probably used as a reason to excuse him from traveling with the team.

I don't think so. An injury would be sufficient to explain his absence; without an injury something else, like a personal reason would be needed.

Yes, Rex mentioned this in the post game PC on Sunday...the visa.

Someone called the post game radio show and asked what that business was about in terms of someone not having a credit card and so they couldn't go to London.

No joke.

I assumed that would have been cleaned up and Percy would have flown even on his own if necessary; he should be there by now, so either that isn't it or it really is a BIG visa problem.

They're not leaving for London until later in the week. I'm sure the Bills can't wait.

Yeah, during his weekly phone interview with S&B on GR-55, Wood indicated that the Jaguars would not arrive in London until Thursday or even Friday. Wood said that an NFL buddy of his on different team did the same thing for his London game and indicated it threw them off in terms of adjusting to clock and sleep cycles. Eric said he was glad the Bills were there plenty early to get adjusted.

I think this should be 1 advantage in our favor.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling harvin is injured and can't play.

The "personal reason" was probably used as a reason to excuse him from traveling with the team.

I don't believe this to be the case, because the Chris Brown via twitter mentioned other players staying back due to injury while specifically mentioning that Harvin did not travel due to "personal reasons"

@buffalobills

Buffalo Bills Retweeted Chris Brown

All did not travel. Karlos Williams, Kyle Williams, Henderson with injuries. Harvin for personal reasons. #UKBills

I don't believe this to be the case, because the Chris Brown via twitter mentioned other players staying back due to injury while specifically mentioning that Harvin did not travel due to "personal reasons"

@buffalobills

Buffalo Bills Retweeted Chris Brown

All did not travel. Karlos Williams, Kyle Williams, Henderson with injuries. Harvin for personal reasons. #UKBills

What's weird is that I thought the earlier tweets said harvin was injured and so wasn't traveling. But maybe I assumed that from the context.

What's weird is that I thought the earlier tweets said harvin was injured and so wasn't traveling. But maybe I assumed that from the context.

there was a tweet last week before the Cincy game from Lacanfora that said the Bills were thinking he would miss significant time with th hip injury and didn't expect him to travel to London. But I agree that if he didn't travel because of the injury they didn't need to say anything about the personal reason.

I don't think so. An injury would be sufficient to explain his absence; without an injury something else, like a personal reason would be needed.

Yes, Rex mentioned this in the post game PC on Sunday...the visa.

Someone called the post game radio show and asked what that business was about in terms of someone not having a credit card and so they couldn't go to London.

No joke.

I did not hear that, but i am assuming that person was being sarcastic as people kept saying "visas up to date" etc on search for back up QB and such...and no stinking visa is needed for a US citizen to travel to the UK. Passport yes, Visa no.

I did not hear that, but i am assuming that person was being sarcastic as people kept saying "visas up to date" etc on search for back up QB and such...and no stinking visa is needed for a US citizen to travel to the UK. Passport yes, Visa no.

Rex may have just misspoke using the word "visa"

@buffalobills

Mario Williams: "I'm never down on anyone on this team or anything we do. We're 3-3 and can better that this week."

CR2FRm2WcAEmY1y.jpg

Marcell Dareus: "We've never been closer than we are now. We're all behind it. I think we're ready to make a run."

CR2GA3IWoAAqT-s.jpg

@viccarucci

#Bills TE Charles Clay said he was surprised to see how well Tyrod Taylor moved in practice. "That was exciting to see," he said.

@buffalobills

"Knee is feeling good. Progressing since last week. Taking it day-by-day. Mentally getting ready for Jacksonville."

CR2HusaWwAAg-Ov.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Tyrod - we splits QB reps at practice.(He and EJ) #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor said he's doing significantly more right now than he was at this point last week.

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor said that he's doing significantly more at practice this week than last. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

Tyrod - My injury doesn't change my approach. I'm comfortable out there on it so it won't change my approach. #Bills

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Tyrod Taylor after practice says he's made progress... Limited less than last week at this time... Unsure for Sunday. @wgrz

This isn't true, at all. A visa is still required to gain entrance to the UK, it's called a visitors visa or a standard visa. Visas are endorsements that allow a person to enter a country for a specified period of time. Each visa has a specific set of rules.

I think what you are thinking is that you don't need to apply for a visa before your travel, which is true you can just hop on a plane with your passport and go to the UK. Immigration in the UK will approve your visa on the spot if they think you will abide by the rules set forth for a vistors visa. If they don't think you will, they will deny you and send you home.

I travel back and forth to the UK regularly and have a leave to remain visa for the UK.

This isn't true, at all. A visa is still required to gain entrance to the UK, it's called a visitors visa or a standard visa. Visas are endorsements that allow a person to enter a country for a specified period of time. Each visa has a specific set of rules.

I think what you are thinking is that you don't need to apply for a visa before your travel, which is true you can just hop on a plane with your passport and go to the UK. Immigration in the UK will approve your visa on the spot if they think you will abide by the rules set forth for a vistors visa. If they don't think you will, they will deny you and send you home.

I travel back and forth to the UK regularly and have a leave to remain visa for the UK.

all i have ever needed to get into the UK is a passport. If you say they approve some kind of Visa at passport control that i have never seen, okay. Been to the UK at least 30 times in last 10 years for work and vacation.

@Jaguars

.@JohnOehser's six questions leading into today's media availability.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Wednesday-Quick-Six-Bills-week/45093b84-1d46-4ec9-9dc5-acb85d68602d

@RapSheet

Meanwhile, in Jacksonville (and soon London), sounds like WR Allen Robinson is OK after a leg bruise. Looked a lot worse than it really was.

all i have ever needed to get into the UK is a passport. If you say they approve some kind of Visa at passport control that i have never seen, okay. Been to the UK at least 30 times in last 10 years for work and vacation.

Right, like I said when getting on a plane to the UK all you need is your passport. When you arrive and they question you that is them approving or denying your visa on the spot. The landing card is part of the process. They don't require a mass amount of information from you if your story for coming to the UK seems plausible and they don't want to put tourists, which generate a lot of money, through a lengthy process. If you do anything wrong while you are there, it terminates your visa.

When you plan on staying longer, the visa process gets longer and requires more information.

Harvin Mysteriously Absent

HERTFORDSHIRE, England -- Injuries and absences are not normally a viable excuse for a football team at .500, but Rex Ryan is making a good run at it.

The team traveled to London without wideout Percy Harvin this week because of a personal issue Ryan would not delve into. Though he has not officially ruled Harvin out, it sounded like there was an expectation that Harvin might not make it to London at all. Harvin was on the injury report with a hip injury last week, but Ryan says this issue is unrelated.