Week 7: Jaguars' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod planning to practice Wednesday

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor was moving from station to station with a group of Play 60 kids at the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club training facility during an NFL Play 60 event Tuesday with Tottenham and Buffalo players participating. Taylor said it’s his plan to practice Wednesday.

“My mindset right now is to get out there (Wednesday) and practice,” said Taylor. “I’m looking forward to it.”

Taylor said he prepared for last week’s game like he always did, but in the end it didn’t happen.

@thadbrown7

Tyrod talked about knowing Sammy is playmaker/dangerous w ball, too. But above doesnt sound like 10 targets is priority either

Tyrod on involving Sammy more: Want to throw to open guy. Have to let game come to us. Whatever we need to do to win is what we'll do #Bills

So in other words, if my first read is open, that is where I am going with the ball. There can be multiple open receivers and if TT can't see him, Sammy won't get targeted.

GO BILLS!!!

So in other words, if my first read is open, that is where I am going with the ball. There can be multiple open receivers and if TT can't see him, Sammy won't get targeted.

GO BILLS!!!

Assuming the play isn't designed for Sammy to be the first read

Given good health, it makes sense IMO to make Shady the focal point of the running game and Shady/Clay the focal points of the passing game......both by design. They (Roman and the offensive staff) should be designing plays to exploit matchups.

Assuming the play isn't designed for Sammy to be the first read

Right.

Which begs the question, what is the difference between not designing plays where Sammy is the first read and simply not targeting him?

GO BILLS!!!

Right.

Which begs the question, what is the difference between not designing plays where Sammy is the first read and simply not targeting him?

GO BILLS!!!

The real actual difference: pre-snap read (i.e. does his route get eliminated based on a coverage look) vs. progression...right?

The real actual difference: pre-snap read (i.e. does his route get eliminated based on a coverage look) vs. progression...right?

Yes. Which begs a bunch of further questions both about TT's ability in that regard as well as Roman's willingness to give free reign. EJ didn't seem hampered by Roman in that regard as he was changing plays at the LOS. I get the impression TT is far !more conservative.

Regardless, we need our full compliment of O talent on the field to take advantage of the matchups that 26CBlitz alluded to. When you are forced to insert your seventh string WR into the lineup, you aren't scaring any defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes. Which begs a bunch of further questions both about TT's ability in that regard as well as Roman's willingness to give free reign. EJ didn't seem hampered by Roman in that regard as he was changing plays at the LOS. I get the impression TT is far !more conservative.

Regardless, we need our full compliment of O talent on the field to take advantage of the matchups that 26CBlitz alluded to. When you are forced to insert your seventh string WR into the lineup, you aren't scaring any defense.

GO BILLS!!!

I've always gotten the impression that Roman is telling Tyrod to do what he feels most comfortable with, and that he doesn't yet trust himself to throw contested passes.

Regarding the bold, has anything ever been more obvious from the stands? Once Sammy and Goodwin went out, there was NOBODY open for the majority of the day. Cinci rolled a safety towards Woods and played middle zone against Clay. EJ either had to run or force the ball--neither of which he did particularly well (understandable given the circumstances).

I've always gotten the impression that Roman is telling Tyrod to do what he feels most comfortable with, and that he doesn't yet trust himself to throw contested passes.

Regarding the bold, has anything ever been more obvious from the stands? Once Sammy and Goodwin went out, there was NOBODY open for the majority of the day. Cinci rolled a safety towards Woods and played middle zone against Clay. EJ either had to run or force the ball--neither of which he did particularly well (understandable given the circumstances).

There you go making a case for simple observation and analysis based on that.

So much easier to just bash Manuel for checking down instead.

GO BILLS!!!

@robertwoods

Just posted a photo @ London, United Kingdom https://instagram.com/p/9EgK56swiq/

@CutonDime25

Posted n London .. Wait they really got me POSTED N LONDON..... #BlueBILLSnLondonforAWIN!!! https://instagram.com/p/9EjWroLXP9/

PHOTOS: Bills team up with Tottenham Hotspur to Play 60
The Tottenham Hospur Football Club hosted the Buffalo Bills and hundreds of children to Play 60 during the Bills trip to the United Kingdom.

British Cuisine Taste Testing (1:44)
Marcell Dareus and Jerry Hughes put a couple British meals to the test.

tempCM3_4965--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

@TyDunne

BN Blog: Jim Kelly says #Bills defense must get 'fixed,' and believes Tyrod Taylor best QB here 'in years' ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/20/jim-kelly-says-bills-d-must-get-fixed-adds-tyrod-taylor-best-qb-here-in-years/

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: Improved communication a must for #Bills DB's ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/20/better-communication-a-must-for-bills-dbs/