Its NOT all about the money for the Pats personnel

Mike32282

Yeah, that really got on my nerves when they announced it.  Why not take away a 1st rounder? That would have hurt a little bit.  Or maybe ban them from the postseason for a year?  I dunno.  Something else could have been more of a punishment than that cheesy one.

239742[/snapback]

The T'Wolves lost (I think) 4 or 5 first round picks when it was found they were making deals under the table.

CW

A lot of other people argue here that because they can make 30% more for a loser, it's totally reasonable to expect them to leave.

I agree, why leave when you're winning?  Apparently because you have no perspective and you feed your family with Escalades.

239745[/snapback]

Yeah, but we're talking nearly 300% more in the case of Pioli ($800,000 vs $2.2M). He'd be the GM and president of the club, and it's not like the Seahawks are the worst team in the league; they made the playoffs last year.

CW

Yeah, but we're talking nearly 300% more in the case of Pioli ($800,000 vs $2.2M).  He'd be the GM and president of the club, and it's not like the Seahawks are the worst team in the league; they made the playoffs last year.

CW

239872[/snapback]

Pioli must have his reasons. And if Holmgren doesn't improve on last year's showing, I say he's gone and the job is still available to Pioli after his contract is up. Plus, it's a mess there with tons of players ready to leave.

That said, I think Pioli is bonkers for not taking it. His stock will take a bit of a hit after next year's 3-13 season in NE. :D