Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look it up, statistically, he is currently the 6th best WR from last year's draft class.

He needs to produce before running his mouth.

The guy can't produce without the targets. He's probably the sixth most targeted WR from that draft . He's way better than 6 th best in talent.

A true diva...this is why drafting a WR in the top 5 is always a headache. This obviously needs to be said....but not to a reporter. Very unfortunate that he called out the QBs and coaches. He does need more targets, but he also needs to be on the field more too.

What exactly did he say wrong here......

You think he doesnt hear people talking about him when they compare to other receivers of that draft?

GET HIM OPEN.....THEN USE HIM

he has been open since day one. the problem isn't him getting open its him being wide open and the ball not coming to him. same thing with Robert woods he is also open a lot and doesn't get the ball.

A true diva...this is why drafting a WR in the top 5 is always a headache. This obviously needs to be said....but not to a reporter. Very unfortunate that he called out the QBs and coaches. He does need more targets, but he also needs to be on the field more too.

All WR's are like this.

I agree with him though. We gotta feed him!!!

Fine but GET YOURSELF ONTO THE FIELD.

Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Of course he was hurt, but I don't see how this applies.

He's/We're talking about what has occurred when he's on the field.

Orton was best at giving him opportunities, I think. It paid off.

Not a good look at all perception-wise, but he's not wrong. He's the best player on the field and needs the ball.

he was pretty reasonable about it, if you are going to go down that route. if he starts throwing fits, id have an issue... but todays quote doesnt bother me.

Read the full article. Love the confidence and candidness. Some fans just can't ever handle it. It touches some sort of insecurity.

everyone clamors for candidness, and then freaks out if its not coachspeak. its interesting to watch that dynamic.

he was pretty reasonable about it, if you are going to go down that route. if he starts throwing fits, id have an issue... but todays quote doesnt bother me.

If you agree with him: he's honest and has conviction.

If you don't agree with him: he's being a diva.

a true diva? how can you blame someone for being injured? did he pay suh to step on his calf so he doesn't have to play for a few weeks? its football. a violent sport injuries happen.

If you agree with him: he's honest and has conviction.

If you don't agree with him: he's being a diva.

You can be honest and be a diva. Saying he wants the ball more is fine. Saying that he's open and can make plays and wants to be targeted more is fine. Saying "you're making me look bad" is bad form. Especially in this day and age, when it's definitely gonna be the headline.

Edited by FireChan

when i said "Not a good look." i wasn't making the point that he is either right or wrong, i was more making the point that this isn't the kind of ammunition you give to reporters.

You can be honest and be a diva. Saying he wants the ball more is fine. Saying that he's open and can make plays and wants to be targeted more is fine. Saying "you're making me look bad" is bad form. Especially in this day and age, when it's definitely gonna be the headline.

+1

Hate the Cheatriots and Belichek but would Sammy ever be able to say something like that to a reporter in New England and get away with it in that clubhouse? Football is a team game and winners don't go to the media with stuff like this.

Sure, I agree. He must be getting some kind of vague answer from the coaches when he's addressed this with them.

Hate the Cheatriots and Belichek but would Sammy ever be able to say something like that to a reporter in New England and get away with it in that clubhouse? Football is a team game and winners don't go to the media with stuff like this.

Probably not, but Sammy wouldn't have this problem in the NE offense.

everyone clamors for candidness, and then freaks out if its not coachspeak. its interesting to watch that dynamic.

Well put. I see nothing wrong with what he said. But regardless of whether it was his fault or not, part of his problem has been him being hurt. One of the reasons they didn't throw as many bubble screens to him last year (more targets) was because of his rib injury in the first half of the season. I don't have a problem with what he said at all but he probably shouldn't have said it right now when he hasn't been on the field for two weeks.