Tyrod's Jersey Headed to the Pro Football HOF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Tyrod, but this is a joke. He had a below-average game at best.

Praising that kind of stat line is like a baseball play-by-play man announcing that a hitter is leading first basemen in triples at away games during the month of august - or something along those lines - like why, because he has two?

Love Tyrod, but this is a joke. He had a below-average game at best.

Praising that kind of stat line is like a baseball play-by-play man announcing that a hitter is leading first basemen in triples at away games during the month of august - or something along those lines - like why, because he has two?

I don't think that anyone is praising his stat line as a great game played. The HOF is recognizing a statistical accomplishment that very few players have ever achieved. It's kind of like a kicker hitting a 65-yard FG in a game where he misses 2 others; the HOF would still recognize that.

Maybe I'm bad at pro football reference, but when I run the query I only see 2 players

They might be pre 1966. I just checked all the teams that year. Jack Concannon was the only possible one (he caught a pass in a game), but his other stats don't make it.

Tyrod Taylor- HOFer

:lol: and he got there before Matt Cassel.

Isn't that why? It's only been done 4 other times.

rare in that its more so a play calling quirk of a pass to the qb being odd, not in ability to catch 1 ball.

the 100 yards passing is a gimme, and 70 yards rushing kind of rare based on ability.

it strikes me as nifty quirk not all time great.

Edited by NoSaint

As the great Bill Parcells says "Lets not put him in Canton Yet".

I think it's great his jersey will go into Canton. Now get healthy and make an impact at the next week he can do it. I'm hopeful all of the EJ guys on this board are right, and he does a great job the next two weeks, so after the bye we have everyone back.

Can you imagine if we were to beat the Bengals, Jags, have a bye, get healthy, and beat the Fish and the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets? I hate dreaming like this, but it is possible. We'd go into Foxboro 7-2.

Probably 6-3 though. I'm really worried about this weekend.

As the great Bill Parcells says "Lets not put him in Canton Yet".

I think it's great his jersey will go into Canton. Now get healthy and make an impact at the next week he can do it. I'm hopeful all of the EJ guys on this board are right, and he does a great job the next two weeks, so after the bye we have everyone back.

Can you imagine if we were to beat the Bengals, Jags, have a bye, get healthy, and beat the Fish and the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets? I hate dreaming like this, but it is possible. We'd go into Foxboro 7-2.

Probably 6-3 though. I'm really worried about this weekend.

Hold on thar! OGAAT Please.