Watkins' post-practice hot takes

The Big Cat

yup...doesn't matter how seasoned or strong you are, doesn't take much to cut you down, some are better than others at letting it roll off their backs, but many/most of us(present company included) are always seeking approval/validation etc....

I've seen grown men cowed by a superior. Stunned like a deer in the headlights.

When everything that you've worked for...all your dreams and hopes are in the hands of someone that you know is incompetent, it deflates you terribly.

You may know that you're good, but no matter how hard you try, how well you do, the result will be YOU SUCK...

It's hard for a grown man to take, let alone a kid in his early twenties.

I think EJ is our future. Tyrod is our present...

GO BILLS!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup...doesn't matter how seasoned or strong you are, doesn't take much to cut you down, some are better than others at letting it roll off their backs, but many/most of us(present company included) are always seeking approval/validation etc....

Great post Poojer! You're a valuable member of the community.

I have to say I love this quotes about EJM. It's gotta feel good for a guy in EJ's position, when a teammate comes out with quotes like these.

Especially when the prevailing thought last year was that the receivers mutinied on him.

CROW EATING TIME:

Whether or not the coaches last year kept EJ from being a top flight QB is something we'll never know.

However, I vehemently argued against the notion he was 'neutered' by the coaches and playing scared. I had a hard time envisioning a universe in which a grown man would respond to that level of negative-treatment from a fellow grown man.

I guess I was wrong. Apparently it was that extreme.

The EJ topic has been hashed and re-hashed. The one comment I'll make is this.

The thing that makes me lean toward a conclusion that EJ was playing scared was the positioning of his downfield passes along the sideline. Every one of them was thrown comfortably out of bounds. This makes me think EJ was not having accuracy issues, but that he was purposefully keeping the ball where it could not be intercepted rather than giving his guy a chance.

This is not to say EJ has great accuracy or will be great. Just an observation.

I have to say I love this quotes about EJM. It's gotta feel good for a guy in EJ's position, when a teammate comes out with quotes like these.

His confidence is probably at a peak right now. If he keeps improving, I still think he can be really good.

Translation. "Throw me the damn ball!"

Yep. Watkins should be used like Boldin was in Roman's offense. What's the issue? I'm kind of puzzled by it. I guess it's just the QB.

Especially when the prevailing thought last year was that the receivers mutinied on him.

its very possible they were done with him, without thinking it was all his fault.

i wouldnt be surprised if they were unhappy with both qb and coach.

Man, he just won't stop:

@totallymadeupbydollars2donuts

Watkins on playing the Bengals: "I'm going to start the game on Sunday and in the first half I'm going to blow-up their DBs like Schwarzenegger did to the jungle in "Predator", then I am going to go in at halftime, eat a sandwich, come out for the second half, and torch whatever DBs are left like Scott Glenn did to those buildings in "Backdraft"."

"...and if we go to overtime I'm going to beat their LBs like Streep did to the eggs in "Julie/Julia"."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Man, he just won't stop:

Watkins on playing the Bengals: "I'm going to start the game on Sunday and in the first half I'm going to blow-up their DBs like Schwarzenegger did to the jungle in "Predator", then I am going to go in at halftime, eat a sandwich, come out for the second half, and torch whatever DBs are left like Scott Glenn did to those buildings in "Backdraft"."

"...and if we go to overtime I'm going to beat their LBs like Streep did to the eggs in "Julie/Julia"."

Awesome. He has great taste in movies. I knew this kid could be a leader.

its very possible they were done with him, without thinking it was all his fault.

i wouldnt be surprised if they were unhappy with both qb and coach.

True. Plus, Robert Woods has bad body language a lot anyways, even with Tyrod this year.

Man, he just won't stop:

Just spit up all over my keyboard....im sending you the bill!

True. Plus, Robert Woods has bad body language a lot anyways, even with Tyrod this year.

I never can tell with Woods because he's one of those players that seems to run really hot. Lot's of people have noticed his body language, but he's always blocking and playing hard to the whistle. Most guys that don't get the ball just quit.

Just spit up all over my keyboard....im sending you the bill!

John I really don't know why you're blaming me, Sammy said it!

:D

John on the side, and not to stir the pot - is there anything that can be read into the idea that Sammy, given his stats during the brief time he has been playing with TT, might prefer EJ?

Again, not to start a controversy, but just wondering.

My thought exactly.

I take its as they are preparing with EJ....TT may be able to heal before now and gametime...if ok, TT will play but they are preparing with EJ just incase. Of course, that's just my opinion and have no factual evidence.

I take its as they are preparing with EJ....TT may be able to heal before now and gametime...if ok, TT will play but they are preparing with EJ just incase. Of course, that's just my opinion and have no factual evidence.

Its a no-brainer that they'd do it this way.