OT Need to take a hiatus from TSW

T-Bone

I woke up Monday Morning with my left eye swollen shut.  When to the emergency room, and they put me on a steroid cream and an anti-biotic.  Thought I would be better today, but the eye is still very swollen and makes it hard for me to read and type my posts.

So I am staying home and hoping that my eye gets better, so my best bud in the whole wide world, NG, has to carry the weight of our lab on his shoulders.

So farewell for a few days, and my ignore gang will have to find another target.

239578[/snapback]

you say this like your leaving TSW for a while is actually going to take something away from the board...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i took a big dump this morning.

(just thought i'd add a similarly irrelevant and inconsequential statement to the board this a.m.)

by the way, how's that man-ziere working out for ya? or did you opt for the "bro" instead?

Serves you right, for taking your pet of its leash and letting him roam free here...  :D

239779[/snapback]

Tom, Tom, Tom, you are slipping.... "pet of its leash?"

:blink:

I wouldn't mind the roaming quite as much if NG would take responsibility and clean up after it....

Me too.    Is there anything better than taking a big dump at work knowing you're being paid to do it?

239794[/snapback]

oh, i didn't take mine at work. i took it on the neighbor's lawn to show my appreciation for the presents his dog leaves in my yard.

No just you and your bosses.

239803[/snapback]

the credo I live by is "everyone has personal responsibility".

Accepting personal responsibility includes:

Acknowledging that you are solely responsible for the choices in your life.

Accepting that you are responsible for what you choose to feel or think.

Accepting that you choose the direction for your life.

Accepting that you cannot blame others for the choices you have made.

Tearing down the mask of defense or rationale for why others are responsible for who you are, what has happened to you, and what you are bound to become.

The rational belief that you are responsible for determining who your are, and how your choices affect your life.

Pointing the finger of responsibility back to yourself and away from others when you are discussing the consequences of your actions.

Realizing that you determine your feelings about any events or actions addressed to you, no matter how negative they seem.

Recognizing that you are your best cheerleader; it is not reasonable or healthy for you to depend on others to make you feel good about yourself.

Recognizing that as you enter adulthood and maturity, you determine how your self-esteem will develop.

Not feeling sorry for the ``bum deal'' you have been handed but taking hold of your life and giving it direction and reason.

Letting go of your sense of over responsibility for others.

Protecting and nurturing your health and emotional well being.

Taking preventive health oriented steps of structuring your life with time management, stress management, confronting fears, and burnout prevention.

Taking an honest inventory of your strengths, abilities, talents, virtues, and positive points.

Developing positive, self-affirming, self-talk scripts to enhance your personal development and growth.

Letting go of blame and anger toward those in your past who did the best they could, given the limitations of their knowledge, background, and awareness.

Working out anger, hostility, pessimism, and depression over past hurts, pains, abuse, mistreatment, and misdirection.

Tearing down the mask of defense or rationale for why others are responsible for who you are, what has happened to you, and what you are bound to become.

The rational belief that you are responsible for determining who your are, and how your choices affect your life.

Pointing the finger of responsibility back to yourself and away from others when you are discussing the consequences of your actions.

Realizing that you determine your feelings about any events or actions addressed to you, no matter how negative they seem.

Recognizing that you are your best cheerleader; it is not reasonable or healthy for you to depend on others to make you feel good about yourself.

Recognizing that as you enter adulthood and maturity, you determine how your self-esteem will develop.

Not feeling sorry for the ``bum deal'' you have been handed but taking hold of your life and giving it direction and reason.

Taking preventive health oriented steps of structuring your life with time management, stress management, confronting fears, and burnout prevention.

Taking an honest inventory of your strengths, abilities, talents, virtues, and positive points.

Developing positive, self-affirming, self-talk scripts to enhance your personal development and growth.

Letting go of blame and anger toward those in your past who did the best they could, given the limitations of their knowledge, background, and awareness.

Working out anger, hostility, pessimism, and depression over past hurts, pains, abuse, mistreatment, and misdirection.

239831[/snapback]

I can accept that.

I just don't see where it applies to pets.

Picking on T-bone.

It's the gift that just keeps giving.

Hey T-bone...if you can still read this with your one good eye, please make a mental note to come back when you're healed so you can tell everyone why you think we give a rat's ass that you're going to be gone for a few days.

239831[/snapback]

blah blah blah. I believe in suing everyone else for my actions. :D

Picking on T-bone.

It's the gift that just keeps giving.

Hey T-bone...if you can still read this with your one good eye, please make a mental note to come back when you're healed so you can tell everyone why you think we give a rat's ass that you're going to be gone for a few days.

239973[/snapback]

:D:blink:

I woke up Monday Morning with my left eye swollen shut.  When to the emergency room, and they put me on a steroid cream and an anti-biotic.  Thought I would be better today, but the eye is still very swollen and makes it hard for me to read and type my posts.

So I am staying home and hoping that my eye gets better, so my best bud in the whole wide world, NG, has to carry the weight of our lab on his shoulders.

So farewell for a few days, and my ignore gang will have to find another target.

239578[/snapback]

Why did you go to the Emergency Room? That cost your company's plan several hundred dollars, when you could have went to your Doctor's office who would have treated you immediately if warranted at much lower cost...