Release Mulligan...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all the hate for this guy? Is he not a decent blocker?

I don't see his value. He is supposedly a tremendous run blocker, yet I haven't seen anything. Traditionally I thought Roman would be more inclined to role out a 6th OL than play a blocking TE. That's basically what Mulligan is anyways. He offers zero pass catching value and is inadequate in pass pro (see sack vs. Titans). His roster spot can definitely be put to better use

Why all the hate for this guy? Is he not a decent blocker?

He's a good blocker.

I don't see his value. He is supposedly a tremendous run blocker, yet I haven't seen anything. Traditionally I thought Roman would be more inclined to role out a 6th OL than play a blocking TE. That's basically what Mulligan is anyways. He offers zero pass catching value and is inadequate in pass pro (see sack vs. Titans). His roster spot can definitely be put to better use

Have you seen the offensive line run block? Take anything you can get up front.

is it that important? Who would you like to sign if he is released?

He has been out for a lot of very important offensive snaps. We were led to believe he was primarily a blocker, and yet I've seen him go out for passes on 3rd down. I think it is important. Put your best players on the field that give you the best chance to win. Marcus Easley is a better receiving option. If the play NEEDS it to be a tight end because of what it make the defense do, then put in Chris Gragg.

If he's out there, and you're using him as a decoy or you're trying to leverage his status as a blocker in order to keep the defense guessing -- well, then that's a classic case of out-thinking yourself.

He's a good blocker.

Have you seen the offensive line run block? Take anything you can get up front.

Why 5 OL and Mulligan when you can just go 6 OL. I doubt the defense would play it differently and the OL will offer you better protection and in line blocking

is it that important? Who would you like to sign if he is released?

Promote O'Leary.

ST and actual TE depth. If Gragg or Clay go down, Id rather be game ready with someone who can play TE, not glorified OL

I guarantee he did not grade out well when Roman watched the film.

Eric Wood on WGR made an unsolicited comment about Mulligan around week 1 saying he was a monster blocker with great technique etc.

I agree with the posters here, he doesnt seem to be an impact guy. Would rather see kujo or even gragg or marQUis in that spot.

They need to try a goal line Block/release as a receiver in the flat play with mulligan, hes definitely under the radar at this point.