Chris Mortensen: Matt Simms turned Bills down

We can only speculate as to why, but I'll give it a shot. What if he likes his development in Atlanta? Maybe he's getting quality coaching and making progress as a QB and doesn't want to screw that development up over 60k. Oh, and he doesn't want to have to worry about maybe having to find a new team in a month.

ah - mustve been a rule change along the way. it used to guarantee the full year, which is a much bigger deal (but made it hard for players to find offers)

I thought the same thing Saint..but just read they are guaranteed 3 paychecks, but can be cut at any time.....who knew?

To me it means that Matt Simms thinks the Bills have more faith in EJ Manuel after being here than the Falcons do in Sean Renfree after being there. I guess that is not saying much. But if Simms thought the Bills didn't have faith in EJ he very well may have signed back. That's just conjecture but a guy like Simms will almost always go to the place that gives him the best chance to start. He chose to stay on the PS as the #3 vs being on the active roster for two games or so (a much bigger paycheck).

That's my take as well. No way does he not return to Buffalo if he felt that the coaching staff was still wavering on EJ.