Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

Mike and the Bulldog on WGR are screaming the roof is falling, they really do not like EJ, no matter if he throws 500 yards and 7 TD's Sunday. I mean really... Tyrod, if he misses anything will miss the Cinny game, Jacksonville, a buy week and maybe the Dolphins game. Lets be real EJ can beat Jacksonville, and the buy week and has beaten the Dolphins before. If he goes 2-1 the Bills would still be 5-3 with Tyrod coming back for the Thursday game against the Jets.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and the Bulldog on WGR are screaming the roof is falling, they really do not like EJ, no matter if he throws 500 yards and 7 TD's Sunday. I mean really... Tyrod, if he misses anything will miss the Cinny game, Jacksonville, a buy week and maybe the Dolphins game. Lets be real EJ can beat Jacksonville, and the buy week and has beaten the Dolphins before. If he goes 2-1 the Bills would still be 5-3 with Tyrod coming back for the Thursday game against the Jets.

Dope and the Lap Dog? In all sincerity....Who cares?

They could use this play as the textbook example.

I don't know the actual rule but Tasker claimed the rule stated that the hand had to be inside the back of the jersey. If that is indeed the rule then no, that's not a horse collar. He has him by the nameplate but his hand isn't inside the jersey. If that's not the rule then Tasker should know the rules before making such claims.

Who was it that argued that it wasn't a true horse collar tackle?

I don't think it is, but it should be banned nonetheless and I didn't have problem with the call. The defender did not get his hands inside either his jersey or his pads; rather, he yanks the upper part of the jersey. Technically, it's therefore not a horse collar. Functionally, however, it is one.

I don't know the actual rule but Tasker claimed the rule stated that the hand had to be inside the back of the jersey. If that is indeed the rule then no, that's not a horse collar. He has him by the nameplate but his hand isn't inside the jersey. If that's not the rule then Tasker should know the rules before making such claims.

Tasker is right, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by dave mcbride

Me.

It isn't. He grabbed his jersey. You have to grab inside the collar for it to be a horse collar, IIRC.

Not quite:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground

It doesn't have to be to be. Tasker is often confused by rules and what actually occurs on the field.

OK, just spent the past hour + cleaning up this thread. Multiple warnings, multiple PMs and multiple suspensions later and it is at least somewhat normal.

Some of you have decided to turn this forum (and thread) into your personal urinal. If you haven't gotten a PM or warning or suspension from me today then let this be your fair warning. Knock it off and behave yourself like an adult. Any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Not quite:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground

Which he didn't do. "Grab the inside collar" rules the rest of the qualifications that occur in the rest of the sentence.

And you know what, it'll give us an idea of what we have with EJ under a new system.

I don't really see this being a huge deal. Chances are we lose to Cincy with Tyrod, so might as well rest him. And like you said, we should still be able to beat Miami and Jax with EJ.

Not quite:

Well there you go, Tasker didn't know what he was talking about. Which also means his rant about the "inconsistencies of the officiating" was off base too because the Miami player was pulled down from behind from the middle of his jersey (at the numbers), not near the shoulder pad.

He was incorrect.

No, he wasn't. See GG's post above about the actual rule. Technically, it wasn't a horse collar. Functionally, it was one. There is a strong logical argument for it not being called, but I think they made the right call given that the defender rolled up his legs from behind. It was more an "unnecessary roughness" than a horse collar. It leads to the same result in my book: a 15-yard penalty.

And you know what, it'll give us an idea of what we have with EJ under a new system.

I don't really see this being a huge deal. Chances are we lose to Cincy with Tyrod, so might as well rest him. And like you said, we should still be able to beat Miami and Jax with EJ.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. The offense has been pretty bad other than taylor running so if the guy can't run, no point in playing him.

Well there you go, Tasker didn't know what he was talking about. Which also means his rant about the "inconsistencies of the officiating" was off base too because the Miami player was pulled down from behind from the middle of his jersey (at the numbers), not near the shoulder pad.

People really need to read what this rule actually says. "Grab the inside collar" governs all of the subsidiary nouns that follow.