Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

It's worth noting that Cassel's cap savings can be rolled into 2016, where the team really will need the space.

Again I say: if EJ can go 1-1 over the next two games, and Tyrod returns after the bye week, we'll be in fine shape.

agreed. To be honest, the Bengals are a tall order no matter who is at QB and we SHOULD handle the Jags either way.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus had already gotten his new contract before Cassel was re-signed. They were under the cap. They faced no cap issues by keeping him. Now, the Bills do not have a viable 3rd QB.

Rollover $ for cap? Next year's cap? We have a lot of contracts coming up. 3rd QBs are never a top priority.

they didn't trade him for a bag of magic beans they traded him for a draft pick next year. Something that quite honestly a journeyman veteran QB nearing retirement (also a veteran who has had a mediocre to bad career) is not worth. It is absolutely amazing that the Bills managed to get anything for a player who they had cut a week before and cleared waivers because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM! This was brilliantly played by Whaley and friends I'm sorry.

2 years from now.

It's worth noting that Cassel's cap savings can be rolled into 2016, where the team really will need the space.

Again I say: if EJ can go 1-1 over the next two games, and Tyrod returns after the bye week, we'll be in fine shape.

I'm not sure why some people are acting as if disaster has struck. This team can win with EJ at QB.

I hope you're right. But honestly, the focus should be performance in 2015, not cap savings in 2016. We're not the Jaguars.

Not me. It's the most important position on the field, and a lot of LBs who specialize on ST are simply interchangeable parts.

And Cassel is a much different QB than EJ and TT and not significantly better than EJ so it made no sense for him to be sandwhiched between them on the depth chart. What's your rebuttal to that?

This is quite the situation...

If EJ plays very well Tyrod probably doesn't start again OR we get non-stop drama about the QB.

If he plays poorly for a few games the season is pretty much over.

Injuries have decimated this team. Remember when we had "too many" RBs? I would just always carry 4 good ones because inevitably they will be hurt.

We will always get nonstop arguments on the QB situation no matter who it happens to be. RJ/Flutie/Edwards/Orton/EJ and on and on and on.

Yes there was. You're choosing not to buy the fact that TT and EJ are similar QB's and that those magic beans are/were more valuable than 1.) Cassel on the PS or 2.) having to completely adjust the game plan if Cassel is still your backup and has to come in to relieve TT.

I value a QB who can play. If Taylor is hurt for multiple games and Manuel either gets hurt or is horrible, they have no one to sub in. The magic beans I was referring to was the late-round pick, which in all of the trades to and fro over Cassel amounted to nothing.

I want to see EJ cut it loose.

This could be his last shot. Screw playing it safe, because the Bengals can score 14 points in the blink of an eye.

This is EJ's biggest moment thus far. I think he's ready. His preseason performance was so far beyond what we have seen from him previously.

they didn't trade him for a bag of magic beans they traded him for a draft pick next year. Something that quite honestly a journeyman veteran QB nearing retirement (also a veteran who has had a mediocre to bad career) is not worth. It is absolutely amazing that the Bills managed to get anything for a player who they had cut a week before and cleared waivers because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED HIM! This was brilliantly played by Whaley and friends I'm sorry.

...I think they also proved this year that 5th round picks have value

I value a QB who can play. If Taylor is hurt for multiple games and Manuel either gets hurt or is horrible, they have no one to sub in. The magic beans I was referring to was the late-round pick, which in all of the trades to and fro over Cassel amounted to nothing.

Then why do you value Matt Cassel?