Yoga...I think I'm gonna go to a class or two.

BringBackFergy

Seconded. My last lady friend was a yoga instructor...

I would highly recommend yoga.

Maybe the tame stuff... But this stuff above is downright freaky! I am getting sick to my stomach looking @ these freaks! Some of the crazy stuff is just not normal and belongs behind a tent where they charge you a few bucks to take a peek... LoL...

Really, you don't feel queasy looking @ the contortionists?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the tame stuff... But this stuff above is downright freaky! I am getting sick to my stomach looking @ these freaks! Some of the crazy stuff is just not normal and belongs behind a tent where they charge you a few bucks to take a peek... LoL...

Really, you don't feel queasy looking @ the contortionists?

:lol: Some of the poses in this thread are indeed crazy, I was just speaking more to the idea that a woman who practices yoga regularly brings some added benefits to a relationship.

The very extreme poses are due to a number of factors. Muscle flexibility, joint alignment / flexibility, and the number of years practicing. You don't achieve some of these poses with out practicing every day. I've been practicing a couple of days per week for almost 8 years and have noticed a marked change in my flexibility, posture, attitude. However, there are some simple poses that I still am not able to achieve. And at my age I will more than likely not get there. But, I try every time.

Edited by BuffaloBud

The very extreme poses are due to a number of factors. Muscle flexibility, joint alignment / flexibility, and the number of years practicing. You don't achieve some of these poses with out practicing every day. I've been practicing a couple of days per week for almost 8 years and have noticed a marked change in my flexibility, posture, attitude. However, there are some simple poses that I still am not able to achieve. And at my age I will more than likely not get there. But, I try every time.

I can tuck/fold my ears in since I was 4. That is the tops of the ears inside the opening to ear canal. Does that count as flexibility? :D

i bet i couldn't do it, i tried yoga a few times and it kicked my ass....i should go back, i have zero flexibility

stick with it and you will gain flexibility. What was initially tough for me was the balance poses. Weight training makes you top heavy and off kilter. After time I became a lot more flexible and balanced

My wife joined yoga awhile back and showed me some of the poses and was pissed how easy it was for me, at least the balance poses. My flexibility sucks but my balance is excellent. All I can figure is it's from decades of skiing?

crane-pose.jpg

this was easy for you? I have been skiing over 30 years and still found some balance poses difficult

that is a pretty athletic move for a fat slob. Go ahead and try the move- it is harder then it looks

Actually, it is pretty easy because of the wall... I wanna see the big dude do it in the middle of the floor.

crane-pose.jpg

this was easy for you? I have been skiing over 30 years and still found some balance poses difficult

Now that, IMO, looks NOT freaky... And actually appealing... The other contortionist stuff is downright disgusting and a turn-off.

Bad news. All of us are verbally raping her and contributing to "rape culture":

http://saltedscarletry.com/2014/06/19/yoga-woman-victim-blaming-rape-culture-kino-macgregors-shorts/

I mean, it is actually true... Who the eff is thinking about having sex/power/control? In what appreciate about the form is either freaky looking or artistic. What the hell is wrong w/people.

Boom goes the fuse... :-/

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Bad news. All of us are verbally raping her and contributing to "rape culture":

http://saltedscarletry.com/2014/06/19/yoga-woman-victim-blaming-rape-culture-kino-macgregors-shorts/

You bet your ass it's all her fault!!!....but who am I to make her change her workout shorts?...so I'll let it slide.

Half moon pose. Well done, even for someone that size!! I even struggle with that.

Skiing, cycling, surfing, those type of activities are all balance related which make balance poses a bit easier.

that is a pretty athletic move for a fat slob. Go ahead and try the move- it is harder then it looks