anyone watch coundown with Olbermann tonight?

Pete

I just caught the tailend of the segment- its probably on ESPN too. Some dude was on one knee center court at halftime at a basketball game and the girl negged him and ran off the court. Anyone catch this? What game was that? That poor dude!

I just caught the tailend of the segment- its probably on ESPN too.  Some dude was on one knee center court at halftime at a basketball game and the girl negged him and ran off the court.  Anyone catch this?  What game was that?  That poor dude!

239486[/snapback]

I disagree. I have been married for 25 years and that guy has no idea how lucky he is.

I just caught the tailend of the segment- its probably on ESPN too.  Some dude was on one knee center court at halftime at a basketball game and the girl negged him and ran off the court.  Anyone catch this?  What game was that?  That poor dude!

239486[/snapback]

Yeah that happened like two weeks ago in.. Ah it escapes me where. Aren't you supposed to be gone for 6 weeks?

239486[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it was in Orlando at a Magic game.

It was the Heat vs Spurs, actually. I was there. They both came back to their seats but the guy was totally pissed. He didn't want to be put up on the Jumbotron, so he eventually left when he was repeatedly shown on the Jumbotron. Everybody was jeering the poor bastard when he signaled to the crowd that he and his (female dog) are over with.

They copied a similar event at a Washington Wizards game last year. Guy in stands proposes,,,,the whole event happens during a timeout and it's on the scoreboard jumbo screen, everyone is watching...girl looks shocked and then puzzled, then angry. She cried, threw the ring back at him and stormed out hysterical. Upset guy chases after her..crowd is in disbelief. The local news kept the story alive for a while then uncovered that it was really two actors hired by the Wizards and a staged event. I can't believe another team copied it. stupid/.