Mighty Taco expands east to.....

Just Jack

they are privately owned. They do not franchise.

Im not sure how it is now... but about 25 years ago some people I know wanted to open one on grand Island and the owners said no way.

Mighty Taco's time to strike is in the past IMO. A lot of better options out there in big markets and MT has declined in quality in the past 20 years. Got the nostalgia/culture factor here in WNY... and we also had almost no tex-mex options forever.

Im not sure how it is now... but about 25 years ago some people I know wanted to open one on grand Island and the owners said no way.

Mighty Taco's time to strike is in the past IMO. A lot of better options out there in big markets and MT has declined in quality in the past 20 years. Got the nostalgia/culture factor here in WNY... and we also had almost no tex-mex options forever.

Probably about 15 years ago some friends tried to get one in Ra-cha-cha and were told in no uncertain terms that there were no franchising opportunities. Too bad. The location they'd picked would have made money hand over fist.

Surprisingly some locations close up

Typically just to move a block or 2 to a new store.

Ha, I have never heard "quality" and "mighty taco" used in the same thought..."drunk" and "mighty taco" yes, quality? no.

Probably about 15 years ago some friends tried to get one in Ra-cha-cha and were told in no uncertain terms that there were no franchising opportunities. Too bad. The location they'd picked would have made money hand over fist.

Typically just to move a block or 2 to a new store.

From what I understand one owner bought out the other owners. I attribute it to the decline in quality, and changes in attitude about expansion, but what do I know?

• 1 year later...

Used to go in around 2:00am and go straight to the pickup line. Wait for an order that sounded tasty, act confident, grab it and walk. Faster and cheaper. Hypothetically of course. But damn, I'd pay all my back dues now for some Mighty!