Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

for clarity

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

NE* 23 of 30 for 242 yards,

3 TD and 3 INT (19 PTS when trailing 37 to 13 in the 4th QTR)

QBR of 32.6 of 100, RAT of 93.3 of 158.3 - 58%

NYG 28 of 42 for 274 yards,

1 TD and 1 INT

QBR of 16.6 of 100, RAT of 82.8 of 158.3 - 52%

Tennessee

10 of 17 for 109 yards.

Look people TT's the starter. But to deny the bad stats is drinking the Koolaid.

Let's play this game with every other starting QB. Let's look at every throw and decide if it was a bad one. Let's comb through every box score and find the bad game. I guess Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck aren't starters because they he had bad games against the Bills? Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a different opinion than you. I could ask a similar question to you: why is it so important for you that someone with a different opinion than you is silenced?

Fair question. Everybody is chiming in -good and bad. When one poster attacks anything said positively by continually bashing them and their points, it gets boring. We have a pinned thread for negativity. Bottom line; a 109 QBR for a Buffalo QB through 5 games has never been realized before. So Kelly, Fergy & Kemp must be legendarily bad.

Fair question. Everybody is chiming in -good and bad. When one poster attacks anything said positively by continually bashing them and their points, it gets boring. We have a pinned thread for negativity. Bottom line; a 109 QBR for a Buffalo QB through 5 games has never been realized before. So Kelly, Fergy & Kemp must be legendarily bad.

Yeah, I'm with you Chandler. I thought that this nonsense would stop by now. He hasn't been perfect by any stretch and really struggled in the 1st half the other day. With that being said, he has played a lot without his top playmakers, has the team with a winning record and by all statistical measures has played in the top half of the league (with room to grow). I didn't know anyone that thought the Bills QB play would be in the top half of the league.

There are a segment of people here (same ones always) that only chime in on the negative. If you were to ask an objective person to evaluate the Bills QB performance they would indicate that it has been above average and significantly better than anyone anticipated.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with the segment of people that didn't get their way in preseason. Instead of moving on and saying "maybe I was wrong" they have dug in and tried to manipulate stats to prove themselves right. If you look at TD:INT, QB rating, QBR, completion percentage, etc...they all indicate good QB play. No one is saying that it has been perfect but it has been at a level that we have been seeking for 10+ years. Tyrod appears to be the guy and will be the guy moving forward. It's time to come to that reality and instead of pouting that your guy didn't win the job, embrace this Bills team. We are all Bills fans right?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, I'm with you Chandler. I thought that this nonsense would stop by now. He hasn't been perfect by any stretch and really struggled in the 1st half the other day. With that being said, he has played a lot without his top playmakers, has the team with a winning record and by all statistical measures has played in the top half of the league (with room to grow). I didn't know anyone that thought the Bills QB play would be in the top half of the league.

There are a segment of people here (same ones always) that only chime in on the negative. If you were to ask an objective person to evaluate the Bills QB performance they would indicate that it has been above average and significantly better than anyone anticipated.

Unfortunately, we have to deal with the segment of people that didn't get their way in preseason. Instead of moving on and saying "maybe I was wrong" they have dug in and tried to manipulate stats to prove themselves right. If you look at TD:INT, QB rating, QBR, completion percentage, etc...they all indicate good QB play. No one is saying that it has been perfect but it has been at a level that we have been seeking for 10+ years. Tyrod appears to be the guy and will be the guy moving forward. It's time to come to that reality and instead of pouting that your guy didn't win the job, embrace this Bills team. We are all Bills fans right?

Some people just like failure. They want to be able to say they were right when things fall short.

Some people just like failure. They want to be able to say they were right when things fall short.

Yep, if Tyrod has a terrible game I can tell you the 8-10 people that will be the most active saying "he's terrible." If he has a great game those same 8-10 people will still complain "20-22 isn't perfect. That throw that he missed Harvin on was so inaccurate." It's just getting tired and the QB battle is over. It isn't still in flux. It's over. Tyrod Taylor will be the Bills QB for the foreseeable future.

I thought the timing was off and the ball too far to the sideline on the oob pass to clay. Just because it was accurate to the receiver doesn't make it a good pass. That pass has to be thrown a moment sooner and a tad further within the field of play to be a good pass.

He had time to get three feet in. He didn't even bother trying to drag them. It was a very good pass.

So by your logic the Bills running game was good against Tenn and doesn't need to improve? I mean look at the stats 28-127 and 1 TD with 4.5 per carry. Pretty good day right, until you actually know what happened and know how those numbers were achieved. That rushing performance was terrible and can't sustain if they want to win, just like TTs performances vs NE, NY, and now Tenn. Sure in the end his numbers were ok but to anybody who watched can see his QB play can't continue like that if the Bills want to win, regardless of his stats TT was not good.

What I don't get is if you asked people if they would be ok with QB play equivalent to Russell Wilson, I'm sure they would say yes. in 2013, the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, Wilson had games where his QBR was 11.5, 20.1, 20.9. He had games where he went 10/18, 11/27 and 9/18. He had games where he threw for 108, 103 and 139 yards. He had multiple games where the offense had SEVEN 3 and outs. He had games where as bad as he played he would make a couple plays with his legs and come back and win.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

So by your logic the Bills running game was good against Tenn and doesn't need to improve? I mean look at the stats 28-127 and 1 TD with 4.5 per carry. Pretty good day right, until you actually know what happened and know how those numbers were achieved. That rushing performance was terrible and can't sustain if they want to win, just like TTs performances vs NE, NY, and now Tenn. Sure in the end his numbers were ok but to anybody who watched can see his QB play can't continue like that if the Bills want to win, regardless of his stats TT was not good.

If you include Tyrod the running game was effective. Two big runs were crucial to a victory. Were the RBs good? No, they were all bad.

Taylor carried a terrible offense to victory in the 2nd half by shouldering the load. He was bad in the 1st half (as was the gameplan). I thought that was his worst half yet. He then took the game over and carried his team to a win. That's what good players do. They find ways to win when they don't have their A game. It is like when they refer to a golfer as "grinding."

What I don't get is if you asked people if they would be ok with QB play equivalent to Russell Wilson, I'm sure they would say yes. in 2013, the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, Wilson had games where his QBR was 11.5, 20.1, 20.9. He had games where he went 10/18, 11/27 and 9/18. He had games where he threw for 108, 103 and 139 yards. He had multiple games where the offense had SEVEN 3 and outs. He had games where as bad as he played he would make a couple plays with his legs and come back and win.

The irony is that Tyrod has a higher QBR than RW right now (Peyton Manning too). Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's a horrible mischaracterization of what Kirby posted.

At no point did he say that Taylor's play on Sunday was good overall, nor did he say that he didn't need to improve.

If you want to make a statement about the running game, go ahead. It does not, at all, apply to the discussion about Taylor (except to say that his running was the spark that the team needed).

The point was that he was good enough on Sunday. That's not debatable given that they won the game.

Edited by thebandit27

Yea we've heard the TT is a bum rhetoric from you, tasker and a few other 5 times over by now.

We got ya man, your position is noted.

If you include Tyrod the running game was effective. Too big runs were crucial to a victory. Were the RBs good? No, they were all bad.

Taylor carried a terrible offense to victory in the 2nd half by shouldering the load. He was bad in the 1st half (as was the gameplan). I thought that was his worst half yet. He then took the game over and carried his team to a win. That's what good players do. They find ways to win when they don't have their A game. It is like when they refer to a golfer as "grinding."

Maybe against inferior teams. How did he fair against NE and NY in the second half?

I know I know you will say he came back against NE (even though they went full prevent) and would have against the Giants (had they not been screwed by the refs). He is so much better QB when he can adlib and play sandlot football, this is a sandlot league and he will be shut down sooner than later.

He had time to get three feet in. He didn't even bother trying to drag them. It was a very good pass.

It was on the far side of the field, but I thought it WAS a catch. If it wasn't, it didn't appear to be because of ball placement. My first thought on it coming back was naturally there was a flag down I didn't see. That's more than a little sad.....

Why is it so important for you to crusade? There have been many thoughtful posts countering your delusion, yet you remain staunchly on your broom. For one who claims himself 'the smartest man in the room', you're rhetoric is boring.

Why not chastise them for crusading? Or does it only become crusading when it's not a view point you share?

Are contrary opinions that you disagree with not welcome? Or are they welcome, but the defending of them is not welcome?

Also, I would have hoped a moderator to be above bomb throwing. Guess not, huh?

Maybe against inferior teams. How did he fair against NE and NY in the second half?

I know I know you will say he came back against NE (even though they went full prevent) and would have against the Giants (had they not been screwed by the refs). He is so much better QB when he can adlib and play sandlot football, this is a sandlot league and he will be shut down sooner than later.

Oh clairvoyant one tell me more of what the future holds...

It's funny that you answered your own complaints. Against the Giants he had a long TD run called back and a long TD pass called back. He made the plays!! Against the Pats they gave up 470 yards in the air. You don't win many games when you give up 470 passing yards.

Edited by Kirby Jackson