Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our QB threw for just over 100 yards. Despite his tremendous play making ability outside of the pocket, Taylor was not good. I don't blame this solely on him, but he missed a handful of NFL "easy" throws today.

This is one game that they luckily squeezed through. I'm happy and pleased with his mental capacity to hold it together and get the W in the fourth, but not excited about the long term upside

He played badly, once again, in the first half of the game. This is now a trend. We need consistency out of the QB position. Do this against a better team and it ends up much like the NE and Giants games.

Im glad he helped put together some solid drives to pull it out but to say its uneducated to say he played poorly for most of the game is just flat out wrong. You seem to be unable to see Tryod's weaknesses whereas many of us see them yet think he can overcome them to become a solid starter.

O-line was crap, Tyrods favorite target Clay not reading defenses correctly (hot routes), couldn't run the ball, WR's couldn't get open yet the quarterback still was able to solely win the football game with his legs. Unbelievable in fact.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

so it's uneducated to say he played like garbage through three and a half quarters?

If all you look at is the result, you can say he played badly. But if you pay attention to what was going wrong around him you'd know his O-line stunk out loud. No run game. No pass blocking. You want to quibble about a couple of poor throws, be my guest.

No, he didn't. He was the anchor around this offense that, once again, did not cross the 50 yard line until late in the game, and continued their habit of 3 and outs. He, once again, couldn't get past his first read; and was made ineffective by being forced to his left. He, once again, ran himself into multiple sacks. He put us in position to lose this game.

He was bailed out by an absolutely superlative defensive performance which held the Titans to 13 points at home.

He made 4 absolutely incredible individual plays, which I will not take away from him; but that was the extent of it.

You cannot trade 52 minutes of horrible for 4 great plays late in the game and expect to win in the NFL.

If he keeps this up, we're in for a very long year.

Tyrod is what he is: an exciting QB that keeps you on the edge of your seat. He makes enough big plays that he keeps you wondering, but his game is very limited, and it's beginning to show. He has no pocket presence. He's a run first, one read and go guy. He's inaccurate.

yup, nailed it!

I of course cannot say with certainty that Fitz would have lost the game......

I just feel like this was one of those games Fitz would have turned the ball over at the wrong times.......

I mean...lets keep in mind who the DC is for the Titans....who has biult a solid reputation on befuddling rookie qbs

Tyrod overcame that

BUT....on the same token....if the defense plays poorly today we lose....buy a bunch

If all you look at is the result, you can say he played badly. But if you pay attention to what was going wrong around him you'd know his O-line stunk out loud. No run game. No pass blocking. You want to quibble about a couple of poor throws, be my guest.

Don't forget his favorite targets like Clay missing hot routes. It was amazing what Tyrod did today with the crap that was around him.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

No, he didn't. He was the anchor around this offense that, once again, did not cross the 50 yard line until late in the game, and continued their habit of 3 and outs. He, once again, couldn't get past his first read; and was made ineffective by being forced to his left. He, once again, ran himself into multiple sacks. He put us in position to lose this game.

He was bailed out by an absolutely superlative defensive performance which held the Titans to 13 points at home.

He made 4 absolutely incredible individual plays, which I will not take away from him; but that was the extent of it.

You cannot trade 52 minutes of horrible for 4 great plays late in the game and expect to win in the NFL.

If he keeps this up, we're in for a very long year.

Tyrod is what he is: an exciting QB that keeps you on the edge of your seat. He makes enough big plays that he keeps you wondering, but his game is very limited, and it's beginning to show. He has no pocket presence. He's a run first, one read and go guy. He's inaccurate.

Keep beating that drum......everyone is laughing at you

O-line was crap, Tyrods favorite target Clay not reading defenses correctly (hot routes), couldn't run the ball, WR's couldn't get open yet the quarterback still was able to pretty solely win the football game with his legs. Unbelievable in fact.

Not disagreeing with most of this but Tyrod still has to step up in the pocket, trust his pre snap read, and fire the ball when under pressure. Just because a guy comes free doesnt absolve the QB. He tends to panic, bring the ball down, look for a backdoor, then look back down field to throw. It takes way too much time. sometimes it works for him, but most of the time it doesnt.

Also, without looking at the all 22 its. Ery tough to know if your statement about WRs being open is correct. What I can say is he missed plenty of open guys with bad throws and looked hesitent to throw it at other times. Its, obviously, not all his fault (just like its not all his credit for good plays...) but he needs to do a better job overall and Im sure hed say the same thing. Good players dont need fans to make excuses for them.

Fixed.

No doubt, but it doesnt absolve most of his inconsistencies. He needs help AND he needs to play better. These things are not mutually exclusive.

From NFL.com after today's win:

3. Tyrod Taylor did not have a great game statistically, but emotionally, his ability to come back from a serious hit, miss one play and then nail Chris Hogan on a 46-yard rope to set up the game-winning touchdown. On that drive, he also caught a trick pass in traffic. It's unbelievable how criminally overlooked Taylor was over the years given the absolute lack of quality starters.

I think this game more than any other showed that TT has the ability to carry the team on his back despite injuries and lack of production from all other areas in the offense.

He willed that game today.

THAT'S what makes a great QB. Someone that can carry their team over the threshold even when they don't deserve it.

Huge performance by Taylor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000554448/article/rex-ryans-undisciplined-bills-beat-titans-with-attitude