Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

One thing about Taylor and his running and potential injury. He's 6'1" 215 with a tremendous physique and is a workout warrior. I'm watching the MNF game and they just showed Melvin Gordon at 6'1" 215 and no one worries about him getting hurt every play. And he will do it 15-20 times a game.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From NFL.com after today's win:

3. Tyrod Taylor did not have a great game statistically, but emotionally, his ability to come back from a serious hit, miss one play and then nail Chris Hogan on a 46-yard rope to set up the game-winning touchdown. On that drive, he also caught a trick pass in traffic. It's unbelievable how criminally overlooked Taylor was over the years given the absolute lack of quality starters.

I think this game more than any other showed that TT has the ability to carry the team on his back despite injuries and lack of production from all other areas in the offense.

He willed that game today.

THAT'S what makes a great QB. Someone that can carry their team over the threshold even when they don't deserve it.

Huge performance by Taylor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000554448/article/rex-ryans-undisciplined-bills-beat-titans-with-attitude

This

TT is doing pretty good with QBR and QB rating. His QBR rating was #6 for the game. He is #13 for the year. He is #7 for the year with QB rating with a 103.6. Ya, he has some ugly plays, but also many spectacular plays. He is better than my expectations of what our QB play would have been going into training camp.

TT is doing pretty good with QBR and QB rating. His QBR rating was #6 for the game. He is #13 for the year. He is #7 for the year with QB rating with a 103.6. Ya, he has some ugly plays, but also many spectacular plays. He is better than my expectations of what our QB play would have been going into training camp.

The kid has a ways to go. We can all agree about that.

But his wherewithal is pretty damned good,

and he may well have the it factor we Bills fans have not seen, depending on your age. Or even be able to recognize without a new set of glasses to view through.

I am not All in on him , but geez i gotta root for the Boy.

I think he does have a ways to go, but think he has considerable upside with his great running ability, strong arm and his calm under pressure.

The kid has a ways to go. We can all agree about that.

But his wherewithal is pretty damned good,

and he may well have the it factor we Bills fans have not seen, depending on your age. Or even be able to recognize without a new set of glasses to view through.

I am not All in on him , but geez i gotta root for the Boy.

Predictably, it's the unwavering EJ supporters who are Tyrods biggest critics. He didn't have his best game, that's for sure. However, when the game was on the line, he literally took this offense on his back and got us the win. He led this team to victory and was the MVP. I'm beginning to believe that we may have found our franchise QB

I think he does have a ways to go, but think he has considerable upside with his great running ability, strong arm and his calm under pressure.

I agree!

Coaches say he say is pretty darned smart too.

5 games in, I like the kid.

Wish he would get into a rhythm quicker though.

And i am an admitted EJ fan.

But mostly I am a Bills fan.

Stats - Got to love them ..

Passing 10-for-17, 109-yard. VERY impressive stats !!! One for 46 yards gives you 9 of 16 for 63 yards.

Predictably, it's the unwavering EJ supporters who are Tyrods biggest critics. He didn't have his best game, that's for sure. However, when the game was on the line, he literally took this offense on his back and got us the win. He led this team to victory and was the MVP. I'm beginning to believe that we may have found our franchise QB

If you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig.

I'll refrain from further comment because of this

v

Let's please drop all of the BS in this thread. If you're unable to carry on an adult conversation without resorting to name calling, condescension etc. then don't post. If you're unable to act like an adult then you will be sent to the corner.

FireChan, on 12 Oct 2015 - 2:59 PM, said:

That's crap and you know it. We "assume" that EJ is better because he had a decent preseason? And we "assume" that somebody is gonna easily replace at least half of the yards that Tyrod is getting on the ground. Sounds like we can assume everything that suits your argument.

Here's what I'll assume. I'll assume that Tyrod is better than EJ because he kicked the hell out of him in the QB competition. I'll assume that EJ had no trade value. I'll assume that, if Tyrod isn't the answer, we'll be gearing up for a run in 2016 with a new QB. It's Tyrod or bust this season.

Huh... I hadn't pegged you for one of the True Believers.

It's reasonable to assume that players will improve year over year. And yes, it's reasonable to assume that when you create a statistical vacuum by removing a player's contribution that something will fill that gap. Crediting the entire team with 50% of Tyrod's totals as a replacement is reasonable.

Perhaps Tyrod is better than EJ, but this was never a true QB competition. Rex has coveted Tyrod for years, and has no ties to EJ, and there is not reason to assume that EJ has no trade value. The truth is, that EJ was our best quarterback in the pre-season games; and every objective observer commented that he was much improved.

As I said, I don't know if "The Guy" is on our roster; I just know that Tyrod isn't "The Guy".

This is like Tim Tebow all over again.

If it has anything to do with EJ he's against it.

He will argue that the 4 year pro, TT needs more time to develop.

He will argue that the 3 year pro, EJ does not need more time to develop.

I just watched the game again. TT missed several short throws, for no reason, and that was it.

The one he threw to nobody on the sidelines was third and ten and he threw from the endzone. He didn't want to get a safety there and just threw it away. He threw a very nice deep out to Goodwin, and another nice out to Goodwin for a first down. The pass to Clay that was ruled out was gorgeous and should have been and maybe was a completion. He threw a nice out for a first on third and long that was called back. He threw a nice pass to Clay for a first down on third. On all three sacks the rush came immediately, although he probably should have avoided one by running out of the pocket. The bomb to Hogan was perfect. He threw another nice pass on the run to Woods that they ruled OB.

He threw about five bad passes, all of which were about five yards. The bomb to Harvin was good that it was long because if it would have had a chance to hit him in stride it probably would have been intercepted by the safety (not the guy covering him). The TD to Hogan was not a good ball at all but it got there and was a TD, Hogan made a nice catch but it wasn't all that hard.

I thought the timing was off and the ball too far to the sideline on the oob pass to clay. Just because it was accurate to the receiver doesn't make it a good pass. That pass has to be thrown a moment sooner and a tad further within the field of play to be a good pass.

I just watched the game again. TT missed several short throws, for no reason, and that was it.

The one he threw to nobody on the sidelines was third and ten and he threw from the endzone. He didn't want to get a safety there and just threw it away. He threw a very nice deep out to Goodwin, and another nice out to Goodwin for a first down. The pass to Clay that was ruled out was gorgeous and should have been and maybe was a completion. He threw a nice out for a first on third and long that was called back. He threw a nice pass to Clay for a first down on third. On all three sacks the rush came immediately, although he probably should have avoided one by running out of the pocket. The bomb to Hogan was perfect. He threw another nice pass on the run to Woods that they ruled OB.

He threw about five bad passes, all of which were about five yards. The bomb to Harvin was good that it was long because if it would have had a chance to hit him in stride it probably would have been intercepted by the safety (not the guy covering him). The TD to Hogan was not a good ball at all but it got there and was a TD, Hogan made a nice catch but it wasn't all that hard.

Pretty much agree here. There were a few short outs that were thrown behind or at the receiver's feet and I'm not really sure what caused the inaccuracy on them. Also, the first deep ball he threw was still further out of bounds than I'd have liked. At the end of the day I learned one definitive thing from the Titans game: Without our major playmakers, this offense goes as Tyrod goes. His game was off to start the day, as evidenced by his very first throw which landed at Clay's (?) feet. Tyrod hasn't always had the best ball placement, but throws at receiver's feet have been pretty uncommon from him this year. Typically he misses high, not low.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Tyrod makes this team a "good" team. I've noticed a trend that no matter what we fight to get back into games. In the past if we're down by 2 score with 10min or less left in the game, there's no way we're coming back. This year has been different. Even in the Giants game we had a chance.

Tyrod's worst game?

28 for 42 and 274 yards

1 TD and 1 INT.

Passer Rating: 82.8

EJ's Worst game:

18 for 33 and 184 yards

0 TD and 4 INT

Passer Rating: 31.2

:beer:

for clarity

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

NE* 23 of 30 for 242 yards,

3 TD and 3 INT (19 PTS when trailing 37 to 13 in the 4th QTR)

QBR of 32.6 of 100, RAT of 93.3 of 158.3 - 58%

NYG 28 of 42 for 274 yards,

1 TD and 1 INT

QBR of 16.6 of 100, RAT of 82.8 of 158.3 - 52%

Tennessee

10 of 17 for 109 yards.

Look people TT's the starter. But to deny the bad stats is drinking the Koolaid.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I thought the timing was off and the ball too far to the sideline on the oob pass to clay. Just because it was accurate to the receiver doesn't make it a good pass. That pass has to be thrown a moment sooner and a tad further within the field of play to be a good pass.

It wasn't a perfect pass, but can we agree that Clay had it in his hands before he went out of bounds and if he'd dropped his right leg and dragged the toe (and gone down) instead of maintaining a normal stride (and staying on his feet) it would have been a completion?

An endorsement of Tyrod opens your position up to get demolished by 2 years of film of TieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRod. Who sucks and sucks bad.

Like I said, I'm not responsible for roster construction.

Why is it so important for you to crusade? There have been many thoughtful posts countering your delusion, yet you remain staunchly on your broom. For one who claims himself 'the smartest man in the room', you're rhetoric is boring.

Why is it so important for you to crusade? There have been many thoughtful posts countering your delusion, yet you remain staunchly on your broom. For one who claims himself 'the smartest man in the room', you're rhetoric is boring.

He has a different opinion than you. I could ask a similar question to you: why is it so important for you that someone with a different opinion than you is silenced?

for clarity

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

NE* 23 of 30 for 242 yards,

3 TD and 3 INT (19 PTS when trailing 37 to 13 in the 4th QTR)

QBR of 32.6 of 100, RAT of 93.3 of 158.3 - 58%

NYG 28 of 42 for 274 yards,

1 TD and 1 INT

QBR of 16.6 of 100, RAT of 82.8 of 158.3 - 52%

Tennessee

10 of 17 for 109 yards.

Look people TT's the starter. But to deny the bad stats is drinking the Koolaid.

Still not as bad as a 3.8 QBR.

Let's please drop all of the BS in this thread. If you're unable to carry on an adult conversation without resorting to name calling, condescension etc. then don't post. If you're unable to act like an adult then you will be sent to the corner.

Well, if that is going to be a requirement, the number of posters will diminish drastically. LOL.

If it has anything to do with EJ he's against it.

He will argue that the 4 year pro, TT needs more time to develop.

He will argue that the 3 year pro, EJ does not need more time to develop.

Says the guy who claims the 3rd year player with 14 starts is still a rookie who needs more time, but the 4th (or 5th?) year player with 5 starts is a veteran who needs to dominate now.