Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

An endorsement of Tyrod opens your position up to get demolished by 2 years of film of TieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRod. Who sucks and sucks bad.

Like I said, I'm not responsible for roster construction.

Really, you have two years of film on Tyrod?

Also, nice sidestep of the rest.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else. Unfortunately, we only have two QBs on the roster right now, so I guess I'm taking my chances with EJ. He's not the athlete or individual playmaker that Tyrod is, but he's much stronger in the pocket, and I believe would give us a more consistent base to work from providing us with a better chance to win now.

jj-watt-pick-6-of-ej-manuel.gif?w=640&h=

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't manage to accidentally set yourself on fire making it. Try to remember to chew before you swallow, and remember that mouth breathing will make it more likely that you'll aspirate.

More consistent than Tyrod, and a gif of a single ill-advised pass that a once in a generation defensive freak made an incredible play on doesn't change that.

You sure that's what you want to stake your case too, True Believer?

I don't know how you can make that statement. If there's been a consistent quality to EJ's career it's been a streak of inconsistency. Bottom line is that EJ has yet to have a game as good as Tyrod's best game, and Tyrod's worst game is nowhere near as bad as EJ's worst game.

Technically we have 5 years worth of game film on Tyrod. 4 games in every preseason, one game in 2012, one game in 2013, and five this year; and to be fair I only counted the two regular season Ravens games in which Tyrod threw five or more passes. That's 27 games worth of film over five years of development.

As to the rest, all it was was the usual claptrap posted here by rabid anti-EJ zealots, intermixed with a heavy dose of Tyrod True Believerism, and I don't have time for that particular brand of stupid.

Can't you see that it's pretty much silly to refer to 4 preseason games plus a few passes at the end of a "Save the Starters" regular season game as "a year of film" and multiply that to 4 years of film, then add in 5 games as another year to get "5 years of film"?

That's not a usage a typical student of the game would support, and it certainly doesn't support your claim to any kind of logic much less "smartest guy in the room"

I'm honestly surprised that you didn't manage to accidentally set yourself on fire making it. Try to remember to chew before you swallow, and remember that mouth breathing will make it more likely that you'll aspirate.

More consistent than Tyrod, and a gif of a single ill-advised pass that a once in a generation defensive freak made an incredible play on doesn't change that.

Why don't we step this up a bit. You show me the two games best games of EJ and Trod where they demonstrated the "most" consistency and then their two worst? I have a feeling you'll be sent scurrying to week one of 2013.

And just so we're clear, 4 INT's in a game doesn't count.

Edited by FireChan

Anyone who takes preseason games as "game film on a qb" should just punch themselves in the face

As stupid as calling 10 starts in a rookie season, and 4 starts the following year "2 years of film on EeeeeeeeeeeeeeJ", or is that different?

And as I've said before, any time it's you and I in a room? Every. Single. Time.

What, in your opinion, are the games most demonstrative of EJ's consistency?

Tyrod did a lot of winning at Virginia Tech and really VT has been searching for a winning QB since he left. He sat behind a very good QB in Baltimore and learned how to be a pro in a great organization for four seasons. He was a also a 5 star recruit with a lot of hype. From what we've seen, he's played winning football for this team. Both losses were not on him and without a doubt he's won a game for this team they wouldn't have won without him, so he's +1 to me so far.

It's not about EJ. EJ deserves his shot but he ran into a kid here who is exactly what this team and organization needs. EJ will get his shot either in Buffalo or elsewhere and show what he can do.

As stupid as calling 10 starts in a rookie season, and 4 starts the following year "2 years of film on EeeeeeeeeeeeeeJ", or is that different?

And as I've said before, any time it's you and I in a room? Every. Single. Time.

Where in this thread is someone claiming 10 starts in a rookie season and 4 starts in the following year is "2 years of film on EJ"? If you're asking my opinion, no, 14 starts is not "2 years of game film".

The implication above is that you think that would be "as stupid" (not my word, please note), so it sounds as though you are backing away from the notion you have "5 years of game film on Tyrod". I'm glad that's settled.

I don't recall you saying that to me before, but as you're unlikely to be in a room with me you're welcome to think what you like and others can draw their own conclusions.

Would this be equal to anointing a QB or QBs as great because they had exceptional preseason stats? Because a lot of that went on here.

Both would be silly.

What, in your opinion, are the games most demonstrative of EJ's consistency?

Pick any game where 50% of his possessions didn't lead to 3 and outs or a turnover in 3 plays or fewer, and he was able to get his team past the 50 yard line before midway through the third quarter. Perhaps in a season in which he wasn't last in the league in 3 and outs as a percentage of all possessions.

Where in this thread is someone claiming 10 starts in a rookie season and 4 starts in the following year is "2 years of film on EJ"? If you're asking my opinion, no, 14 starts is not "2 years of game film".

The implication above is that you think that would be "as stupid" (not my word, please note), so it sounds as though you are backing away from the notion you have "5 years of game film on Tyrod". I'm glad that's settled.

I don't recall you saying that to me before, but as you're unlikely to be in a room with me you're welcome to think what you like and others can draw their own conclusions.

Both would be silly.

That would be FireChan.

I just watched the game again. TT missed several short throws, for no reason, and that was it.

The one he threw to nobody on the sidelines was third and ten and he threw from the endzone. He didn't want to get a safety there and just threw it away. He threw a very nice deep out to Goodwin, and another nice out to Goodwin for a first down. The pass to Clay that was ruled out was gorgeous and should have been and maybe was a completion. He threw a nice out for a first on third and long that was called back. He threw a nice pass to Clay for a first down on third. On all three sacks the rush came immediately, although he probably should have avoided one by running out of the pocket. The bomb to Hogan was perfect. He threw another nice pass on the run to Woods that they ruled OB.

He threw about five bad passes, all of which were about five yards. The bomb to Harvin was good that it was long because if it would have had a chance to hit him in stride it probably would have been intercepted by the safety (not the guy covering him). The TD to Hogan was not a good ball at all but it got there and was a TD, Hogan made a nice catch but it wasn't all that hard.

Tyrod makes this team a "good" team. I've noticed a trend that no matter what we fight to get back into games. In the past if we're down by 2 score with 10min or less left in the game, there's no way we're coming back. This year has been different. Even in the Giants game we had a chance.

I don't know how you can make that statement. If there's been a consistent quality to EJ's career it's been a streak of inconsistency. Bottom line is that EJ has yet to have a game as good as Tyrod's best game, and Tyrod's worst game is nowhere near as bad as EJ's worst game.

Tyrod's worst game?

28 for 42 and 274 yards

1 TD and 1 INT.

Passer Rating: 82.8

EJ's Worst game:

18 for 33 and 184 yards

0 TD and 4 INT

Passer Rating: 31.2

:beer: