Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

My only argument with this is we're also including the 3rd,4th and 5th string RB's. McCoy and Karlos were averaging 4.4 YPC before they went out. But that would just be manipulating the numbers to draw a different conclusion.

Williams has been very good, no question. But McCoy is averaging 3.4 ypc.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only argument with this is we're also including the 3rd,4th and 5th string RB's. McCoy and Karlos were averaging 4.4 YPC before they went out. But that would just be manipulating the numbers to draw a different conclusion.

Wait! It just dawned on me, with all the 3rd stringers playing ... who has more experience with them??!!!?!?!?!

Before you all over react -

CALM DOWN people It was a joke

Here's how I see it.

Tyrod did enough to win yesterday and made some spectacular runs. Tyrod has flaws. I expect Tyrod to improve with experience. I also expect the overall performance of the team to improve as our key players hopefully return healthy and as the players and coaching staff get comfortable with each other. Timing and cohesiveness should improve. Once Roman figures out the plays that work best and the ones that don't more consistency should develop.

Do I think Taylor is terrible, No. Do I think he's great. But I want to see the Bills stick with him and let things develop. I've been disappointed with the way games have gone at times. But I am trying to be patient. Taylor is a work in progress, as is the entire offense (and defense for that matter).

I am excited to see what happens over the next several weeks. I'm disappointed that we didn't look better against the cheaters and I am really annoyed that we lost at home to a Giant's team that I believe we should have beaten. But 3-2 at this point is pretty solid and sets us up for a good run. We need to win against Cincy at home this week and we definitely need a win against the Jags in London. 5-2 going into the bye would be tremendous. Then hopefully we get Shady and Sammy at full speed after the bye and make a run at the playoffs.

That said, I see no problem critiquing the play of Tyrod and the rest of the team on a week to week basis. Pointing out poor performances and areas that need improvement is not a sign of uneducated fandom. Going to either extreme with Taylor right now seems to be a mistake to me. Expectedly, his performance has been a mixed bag so far. Here's hoping he keeps growing and improving.

6th, man. Come on.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame

Look at the yards per game stat, not raw yards. Some teams have had byes and 2 teams have a game tonight.

As for what would replace the 187 yards, I'm guessing that if it's someone like Cassell, it's mostly negative sack yardage.

If you'd prefer YPG, then fine. We can go with 6th. No one here is arguing that 6th isn't excellent, right?

I'm going to guess it wouldn't be "someone like Cassell", because he's, you know, not on the roster.

I accounted for Tyrod's numbers by dividing them in half.

If you'd prefer YPG, then fine. We can go with 6th. No one here is arguing that 6th isn't excellent, right?

I'm going to guess it wouldn't be "someone like Cassell", because he's, you know, not on the roster.

Who wouldn't prefer yards per game?

Seeing as I doubt you're campaigning for Dustin, I have some numbers for you.

EJM averaged 209 yards gained passing per game. TyGod is averaging 219 yards gained passing per game. Where are those 187 yards coming from? Looks like we'd be down 237 total yards by week 5 going with someone else on the roster.

Edited by FireChan

Seeing as I doubt you're campaigning for Dustin, I have some numbers for you.

EJM averaged 209 yards gained passing per game. TyGod is averaging 219 yards gained passing per game. Where are those 187 yards coming from? Looks like we'd be down 237 total yards by week 5 going with someone else on the roster.

You, nor I, have any idea what EJ's numbers would look like this year. We should assume growth from last season, as he exhibited in the pre-season.

With that said, I'm not "campaigning" for anyone. I don't know if "The Guy" is on our roster right now, or not. I'm simply pointing out that Tyrod is demonstrating, quite consistently, that he is not "The Guy".

Who wouldn't prefer yards per game?

My point was that I hadn't considered the bye weeks, so I conceded the point on YPG. We dropped 2 spots, from 4th to 6th.

You, nor I, have any idea what EJ's numbers would look like this year. We should assume growth from last season, as he exhibited in the pre-season.

With that said, I'm not "campaigning" for anyone. I don't know if "The Guy" is on our roster right now, or not. I'm simply pointing out that Tyrod is demonstrating, quite consistently, that he is not "The Guy".

3-2 baby. Much ado about nothing.

Bring back the playmakers and let's see what happens.

That's crap and you know it. We "assume" that EJ is better because he had a decent preseason? And we "assume" that somebody is gonna easily replace at least half of the yards that Tyrod is getting on the ground. Sounds like we can assume everything that suits your argument.

Here's what I'll assume. I'll assume that Tyrod is better than EJ because he kicked the hell out of him in the QB competition. I'll assume that EJ had no trade value. I'll assume that, if Tyrod isn't the answer, we'll be gearing up for a run in 2016 with a new QB. It's Tyrod or bust this season.

That's crap and you know it. We "assume" that EJ is better because he had a decent preseason? And we "assume" that somebody is gonna easily replace at least half of the yards that Tyrod is getting on the ground. Sounds like we can assume everything that suits your argument.

Here's what I'll assume. I'll assume that Tyrod is better than EJ because he kicked the hell out of him in the QB competition. I'll assume that EJ had no trade value. I'll assume that, if Tyrod isn't the answer, we'll be gearing up for a run in 2016 with a new QB. It's Tyrod or bust this season.

Huh... I hadn't pegged you for one of the True Believers.

It's reasonable to assume that players will improve year over year. And yes, it's reasonable to assume that when you create a statistical vacuum by removing a player's contribution that something will fill that gap. Crediting the entire team with 50% of Tyrod's totals as a replacement is reasonable.

Perhaps Tyrod is better than EJ, but this was never a true QB competition. Rex has coveted Tyrod for years, and has no ties to EJ, and there is not reason to assume that EJ has no trade value. The truth is, that EJ was our best quarterback in the pre-season games; and every objective observer commented that he was much improved.

As I said, I don't know if "The Guy" is on our roster; I just know that Tyrod isn't "The Guy".

This is like Tim Tebow all over again.

The only close comparison between the two is the propensity to run after a play breaks down. But Tebow is not as good of a passer

I'm not comparing the games of the two players; I'm comparing the true believer fan bases who, despite all evidence to the contrary, insist that they are "The Guy" because their teams won some games for them.