Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

I think that poor offensive line play and mediocre play calling led to the crap product the first 40 minutes of football. I am impressed that as poorly as both side looked in the first half, that it remained well within reach at 3-0... Hope they open the playbook up a little more and don't play so conservative

Indeed. I don't remember where I posted it (probably a sign I'm posting too much) but I have wondered if Roman is scripting his 1st 10-12 plays. If he is, he may need to re-write his script a bit, or be persuaded to shorten it some.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself. I agree with him. Tyrod made 4 good plays. Lots of bad decisions and bad throws. We can make excuses for him all day long, but the truth is, he is very limited. The Bills are lucky to escape with that win. It was nice to see Tyrod make the plays necessary to win the game but that type of performance overall is not going to win many games.

I was all set to agree with you over a more moderate post you made. Taylor left opportunities and missed some passes he should have hit. He is still "feeling" pressure and not stepping up into the pocket at times when he should vs. running into a sack. The bad offensive performance 1st 3Q is not all on him, but he needs to improve to become a legit NFL starter. I believe that.

But when you join beating the "4 good plays" drum, I got to ask: Which were they? I count 4 runs for significant gains (>half a down), a pass reception, and 11/20 completed passes (1 completion and 2 incompletion "no play" due to penalty)

Can you help me understand which of those were not "good plays" and shouldn't count to Taylor's credit?

Taylor looked bad for most of the game, as did most of the offense but at the same time, he won them the game. I'm hoping this isn't a trend starting with him but I'd say he gets a pass for picking up the win albeit with his legs.

It was an ugly win.......

but.....to be fair TT has put up points in EVERY game except for this one......

The giants game was a farce......because he had 2 touchdowns taken off the board with BS......but all history will reflect on that game is the "L" in that bad column on the stat sheet

Onto Cinci.....a game where this team better bring its A game

It was an ugly win.......

but.....to be fair TT has put up points in EVERY game except for this one......

The giants game was a farce......because he had 2 touchdowns taken off the board with BS......but all history will reflect on that game is the "L" in that bad column on the stat sheet

Onto Cinci.....a game where this team better bring its A game

Your blind loyalty is laughable.

Tyrod Taylor has sucked for 3 out of 5 games. The two that he didn't suck were against two of the worst teams in the league.

The Giants loss was a team loss, but to say Taylor wasn't horrible in that game is a joke.

I was all set to agree with you over a more moderate post you made. Taylor left opportunities and missed some passes he should have hit. He is still "feeling" pressure and not stepping up into the pocket at times when he should vs. running into a sack. The bad offensive performance 1st 3Q is not all on him, but he needs to improve to become a legit NFL starter. I believe that.

But when you join beating the "4 good plays" drum, I got to ask: Which were they? I count 4 runs for significant gains (>half a down), a pass reception, and 11/20 completed passes (1 completion and 2 incompletion "no play" due to penalty)

Can you help me understand which of those were not "good plays" and shouldn't count to Taylor's credit?

The only 4 plays of the game that went for more than 15 yards.

I'm sure they didn't think a spy was necessary as it was 3rd and 25 and the secondary would easily be able to move up and make a play. I don't think they accounted for how fast TT is though.

They definitely bit hard on a full set of go routes.

The guy had just ripped off two runs of the same distance against their defense.

You could hear the WTF in Beurlein's voice.....it was a pretty inexcusable mistake.

The last thing you want him to do is run the ball there.

TT has to do a better job getting down though.

I hate to make the comparison but he takes a beating at the end of runs the same way Mike Vick used to and he is of similar slender stature.

It took it's toll on Vick and Tyrod is gimping around quite a bit and you hate to see that from a starting QB.

He needs to learn to hit the ground quicker. He's a smooth guy but needs to channel that Flutie ability to cover up quick and roll with hits so people can't bust him up.

Your blind loyalty is laughable.

Tyrod Taylor has sucked for 3 out of 5 games. The two that he didn't suck were against two of the worst teams in the league.

The Giants loss was a team loss, but to say Taylor wasn't horrible in that game is a joke.

Would you have felt the same way if TT's two touchdowns against the Giants would not have been called back from bs ref calls? it probably means we would have won the game. (I know a loss is a loss.....but they were in fact bad calls)

TT has not been perfect.....but has also been far from bad.

Edited by John from Hemet

Well this is one of the most sophomoric threads on TBD in a while.

Anyway, for those that thought TT "sucked" yesterday, who would you want to see play? You certainly can't prefer EJ. Can You?

TT won the game. Period. Sorry if that excites some of us looking for a guy who "just wins." Sure I'd like to see a better first half, but a win is a win. Period.

Anyway, for those that thought TT "sucked" yesterday, who would you want to see play? You certainly can't prefer EJ. Can You?

TT won the game. Period. Sorry if that excites some of us looking for a guy who "just wins." Sure I'd like to see a better first half, but a win is a win. Period.

Steve,

To be fair (and hey Im with you on the just win baby) the concerns going forward are there.

My concern is not with Tyrod Taylor's talent.....my concern is for some inexplicable reason Greg Roman holds TT in the pocket and forces him to throw from there even if he is struggling......it almost has that feeling of "make him do it till he figures it out......our defense will keep us in it till he does"

Why cant Roman just devise the offensive gameplan to the strength of Tyrod which is to get him on the move and let him be athletic......I notice a sharp increase in the accuracy of his passing when he actually gets a run in with the ball....it seems to get him going.

Then in the 4th quarter (in the last 2 games) Tyrod actually becomes tyrod.....not the pocket passing QB but the football player........

Just my opinion.....the offensive game planning needs to be better.

Would you have felt the same way if TT's two touchdowns against the Giants would not have been called back from bs ref calls? it probably means we would have won the game. (I know a loss is a loss.....but they were in fact bad calls)

TT has not been perfect.....but has also been far from bad.

Tyrod's offensive production in the Giant's game:

3 plays, 8 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 9 yards, PUNT

5 plays, 15 yards, FG

1 play, 0 yards, INT

3 plays, -1 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 6 yards, PUNT

6 plays, 21 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 4 yards, PUNT

-----------------------------------

HALF

3 plays, -1 yard, PUNT

13 plays, 78 yards, MISSED FG (just like in the pre-season, Tyrod's offense can't stick it in the end zone)

7 plays, 52 yards, DOWNS (just like in the pre-season, Tyrod's offense can't stick it in the end zone)

3 plays, 43 yards, TD (Tyrod's offense finally manages to stick the ball in the end zone after more than 50 minutes played in the game. Too little, too late.)

3 plays, 16 yards, FUMBLE

14 plays, 43 yards, DOWNS

Yup.

Great game for Tyrod. :rolleyes:

I've preferred EJ since training camp and still do. He's the better QB.

And TT did suck yesterday. It was like watching Michael Vick - who sucks.

TT "won the game," because we were playing a schit team. Just like in our other two wins. Unfortunately, we play more good teams than schit teams. We've seen how well TT does against the good teams.

Glad we got the win - don't get me wrong. But Tyrod Taylor is horrible.

Tyrod's offensive production in the Giant's game:

3 plays, 8 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 9 yards, PUNT

5 plays, 15 yards, FG

1 play, 0 yards, INT

3 plays, -1 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 6 yards, PUNT

6 plays, 21 yards, PUNT

3 plays, 4 yards, PUNT

HALF

3 plays, -1 yard, PUNT

13 plays, 78 yards, MISSED FG (just like in the pre-season, Tyrod's offense can't stick it in the end zone)

7 plays, 52 yards, DOWNS (just like in the pre-season, Tyrod's offense can't stick it in the end zone)

3 plays, 43 yards, TD (Tyrod's offense finally manages to stick the ball in the end zone after more than 50 minutes played in the game. Too little, too late.)

3 plays, 16 yards, FUMBLE

14 plays, 43 yards, DOWNS

Yup.

Great game for Tyrod. :rolleyes:

Please show me anywhere in any of my posts where I said Tyrod Taylor had a good game.

He made the plays to win the game....thats it

I've preferred EJ since training camp and still do. He's the better QB.

And TT did suck yesterday. It was like watching Michael Vick - who sucks.

TT "won the game," because we were playing a schit team. Just like in our other two wins. Unfortunately, we play more good teams than schit teams. We've seen how well TT does against the good teams.

Glad we got the win - don't get me wrong. But Tyrod Taylor is horrible.

Im trying to figure out these definative statements about a player who has started 5 games......

You would think we would be 0-5 at this point looking at some of these comments.

I'm not laughing. Not sold on TT at all, YET, except that he's great when he steps up in the pocket and gets into the open field.

There's no talking to him about this. He's a true believer.

This must be exactly what it felt like being a Broncos fan who saw Tebow's limitations, and knew he wasn't the answer.

I'm not laughing. Not sold on TT at all, YET, except that he's great when he steps up in the pocket and gets into the open field.

There is a big difference between "wait and see" on a player and making a definative "he sucks" stance.......

We are all wait and see at this point......while we sit at 3-2 coming off a win with 3 of our top offensive players out

Im trying to figure out these definative statements about a player who has started 5 games......

You would think we would be 0-5 at this point looking at some of these comments.

They are definitive statements because I've watched the games. He sucks. I say he sucks because he doesn't do well at the whole quarterbacking thing. He is living off of the broken play which has been proven time and time again to not be sustainable. He is inaccurate, indecisive and incapable of leading this offense on productive drives unless we're playing teams at the bottom of the barrel. He wasn't good in preseason. He has not been good through 5 games of the regular season.

They are definitive statements because I've watched the games. He sucks. I say he sucks because he doesn't do well at the whole quarterbacking thing. He is living off of the broken play which has been proven time and time again to not be sustainable. He is inaccurate, indecisive and incapable of leading this offense on productive drives unless we're playing teams at the bottom of the barrel. He wasn't good in preseason. He has not been good through 5 games of the regular season.

OK then

Well.....certain peoples minds are made up.....it shall be interesting conversation going forward.

Lets see if the goalposts move in the upcoming games to support peoples definative statements

OK then

Well.....certain peoples minds are made up.....it shall be interesting conversation going forward.

Lets see if the goalposts move in the upcoming games to support peoples definative statements

I'd love nothing more than to be wrong.