Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

That's theoretical, and I do understand what you are saying. But I am talking about what you expected him to do today and in the games, under the conditions he was given. He missed some easy balls today, but again they were 5 yard passes. No excuse but the truth. He didn't throw an INT. He played fair at best and yet we won the game because he made four spectacular plays. You can say, theoretically, that we shouldn't have been in that position. But watching the game, it's not like he was missing guys downfield or had all day or was making huge mistakes. He wasn't good but he was good enough. It's a team game. We have zero running game. Zero. We had weak OL play. That has an enormous effect on QB play.

It can only be theoretical. I'm not asking him to be anyone else. I expect a 5th year veteran to be able to incorporate those things as part of whatever their individual style is.

When the all-22 comes out I'm convinced we will see, as we have all year, open receivers all over the field which Tyrod never sees, because he can't get through his progressions.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw, I thought he was absolutely freaking horrible.

If you run 50 plays on offense, and he has two positive rushes and only throws about 3 good balls on the entire afternoon then you've got a real problem on your hands.

You've got a blue-chip QB standing on the sideline who has shown marked improvement over the course of his career; it's time to have a hard conversation.

If he puts up a third poor effort in a row, then its absolutely time to get him the hell out of there

:rolleyes:

No debate is necessary to start EJ.

Not disagreeing with most of this but Tyrod still has to step up in the pocket, trust his pre snap read, and fire the ball when under pressure. Just because a guy comes free doesnt absolve the QB. He tends to panic, bring the ball down, look for a backdoor, then look back down field to throw. It takes way too much time. sometimes it works for him, but most of the time it doesnt.

Also, without looking at the all 22 its. Ery tough to know if your statement about WRs being open is correct. What I can say is he missed plenty of open guys with bad throws and looked hesitent to throw it at other times. Its, obviously, not all his fault (just like its not all his credit for good plays...) but he needs to do a better job overall and Im sure hed say the same thing. Good players dont need fans to make excuses for them.

No doubt, but it doesnt absolve most of his inconsistencies. He needs help AND he needs to play better. These things are not mutually exclusive.

I'm saying his "inconsistencies" are caused by his offensive teammates not doing their jobs. Stop focusing only on the result and pay some attention to the play.

I'm saying his "inconsistencies" are caused by his offensive teammates not doing their jobs. Stop focusing only on the result and pay some attention to the play.

You haven't watched any all-22 all season, have you?

Nevermind, I don't even need to ask you that. Your post makes it obvious that you haven't.

It can only be theoretical. I'm not asking him to be anyone else. I expect a 5th year veteran to be able to incorporate those things as part of whatever their individual style is.

When the all-22 comes out I'm convinced we will see, as we have all year, open receivers all over the field which Tyrod never sees, because he can't get through his progressions.

There will be plays you see for sure. There are plays Aaron Rodgers misses when you look at the all-22. It's not like he had all day back there. He was rushed immediately most drop backs. The OL sucked today and you seem to be putting that all on the QB.

Here, some interesting stats. Rodgers and TT in their respective first seasons as a starter through 5 games.

Rodgers: Passing: 9TD, 4 INT. 64.2% completion rate, 1,274 yards. Rushing: 82 yards, 2 TD's. 4 fumbles, 1 lost. Team Record: 2-3

TT: Passing: 9TD, 4INT. 70.1% completion rate, 1,097 yards. Rushing: 187 yards, 2 TD's. 3 fumbles, 0 lost. Team Record: 3-2.

OMG, more excuses, they were the same excuses for RJ, and TE, and JP, and.....

Here, some interesting stats. Rodgers and TT in their respective first seasons as a starter through 5 games.

Rodgers: Passing: 9TD, 4 INT. 64.2% completion rate, 1,274 yards. Rushing: 82 yards, 2 TD's. 4 fumbles, 1 lost. Team Record: 2-3

TT: Passing: 9TD, 4INT. 70.1% completion rate, 1,097 yards. Rushing: 187 yards, 2 TD's. 3 fumbles, 0 lost. Team Record: 3-2.

And you find me one person who would take TT over AR. You won't. Stats mean nothing.

There will be plays you see for sure. There are plays Aaron Rodgers misses when you look at the all-22. It's not like he had all day back there. He was rushed immediately most drop backs. The OL sucked today and you seem to be putting that all on the QB.

If the offensive line gives you 3 seconds or more, they've done their job.

Tyrod doesn't make pre-snap reads, and panics under pressure. His first inclination is to get out of the pocket, but he's getting hemmed in, and then forced to his left (weak side). He moved himself in to all but maybe one sack today.

And you find me one person who would take TT over AR. You won't. Stats mean nothing.

It does when your entire body of football knowledge can be compartmentalized into the Yahoo Fantasy Football app on your smart phone.

fwiw, I thought he was absolutely freaking horrible.

If you run 50 plays on offense, and he has two positive rushes and only throws about 3 good balls on the entire afternoon then you've got a real problem on your hands.

You've got a blue-chip QB standing on the sideline who has shown marked improvement over the course of his career; it's time to have a hard conversation.

If he puts up a third poor effort in a row, then its absolutely time to get him the hell out of there

Rare is the day I agree with Simon. But I do on this.

You said Tyrod doesn't throw bad interceptions.

I'll wait for you to retract.

Nope, I never said that. Nice try. You really have an issue today taking things out of context to make your point. Every QB throws bad interceptions I said he didn't throw bad interceptions like Mariota did today. You made a comparison suggesting that Mariota was a better QB than TT. My point was Mariota killed a potential game winning drive with an awful pass, which TT would not have done.

Edited by RyanC883

What do you think our record should be considering we played IND, NE, MIA, NYG, TN, without Shady and Watkins, as well as how the ST and D has played. 5-0?

I'm fine with 3-2, its the going forward that has me worried. 3 out of 5 games TT has been putrid, not just a quarter or a few series, it's damn near the whole game. As he plays more, D coordinators will have an easier time of shutting him down. Only today did the Titans not have the players to win the game and our defense played great.

One question, who would you have blamed if the Bills lost today, TT or the defense?