Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

Ah... "takes"... That's what you think I'm doing.

You're a Jim Rome guy. That explains so much.

Not sure what that has to do with anything but whatever

In Tyrod's 5th year in the league, I'd expect him to be able to read a defense pre-snap, get through progressions, change protection and play calls at the LOS (something Mariota was able to do today in his 4th start, in his 1st year in the league), hit open receivers in space, make hot reads, have composure in the pocket, and not run into sacks.

FIRST STARTING SEASON IN THE NFL......in TWO of those FIVE games put up terrific numbers.....in THREE of those FIVE games his team won. In MOST of those FIVE games has had very little help from his running game....in MOST of those FIVE games has been without at least two of his top offensive weapons.

hmmmm

And no, he doesn't "protect the ball" either. He has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles in 5 games. Not today.....

oh yes it is true, but it is your excuse, and it's weak.

I dont need to make excuses.....we won

No, it's just you making up terminology to support your silliness.

Tyrod is a 5 year veteran.

Tyrod is a 5 year veteran player that has never started a NFL season before this one......as a matter of fact playing before Flacco he has hardly gotten any snaps with starters at all before this season.....

He is not a 1st year rookie just drafted out of the NFL.......so the bar should not be set THAT low.....but his name should also not be thrown into names like Brady, Manning, Wilson because that is asinine.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's just you making up terminology to support your silliness.

Tyrod is a 5 year veteran.

I'm just curious as to what you expect from him. Do you think that he should be a top 10 QB in the league? He's probably still rated there. Did you think after playing Indy, NE, Mia, Nyg, and TN (without Shady and half the games without Sammy) we should be 4-1 or 5-0? Do you think because he is a five year veteran and played five games in his career he should not have subpar games stat wise where he makes enough great plays to actually pull out a win at the end? Do you think he should be, say, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees? What do you expect out of a player in his fifth game who was always a backup with his bets two RB gone, crappy OL, and his best WR out?

He pulled the team up today. The uneducated will say he played badly. The O-line played badly. Tyrod lifted the entire team today.

The O line was AWFUL. Not sure what part, because it looked like the entire Titans D line was in our backfield all day. Taylor had a great game. Just needs to throw the ball a little higher (first pass to Clay too low, pass to Hogan almost too low) and not stare down receives as much. But for a guy starting his 5th NFL game, he is VERY impressive. He's also tough.

Edited by RyanC883

He pulled the team up today. The uneducated will say he played badly. The O-line played badly. Tyrod lifted the entire team today.

TT kept his head on straight but some of his early passes were really bad. As for the O line they did stink if you just watch them for awhile and nothing else its obvious. Props to TT for having the guts and courage to grind out an ugly win but we must remember we were in a vulnerable spot. Cincy wont let us stick around like the Titans did.

I'm just curious as to what you expect from him. Do you think that he should be a top 10 QB in the league? He's probably still rated there. Did you think after playing Indy, NE, Mia, Nyg, and TN (without Shady and half the games without Sammy) we should be 4-1 or 5-0? Do you think because he is a five year veteran and played five games in his career he should not have subpar games stat wise where he makes enough great plays to actually pull out a win at the end? Do you think he should be, say, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees? What do you expect out of a player in his fifth game who was always a backup with his bets two RB gone, crappy OL, and his best WR out?

Your not gonna get a straight answer on this...it hurts his argument

I already stated, in this thread, what my expectations are. I'll repeat them for you:

In Tyrod's 5th year in the league, I'd expect him to be able to read a defense pre-snap, get through progressions, change protection and play calls at the LOS (something Mariota was able to do today in his 4th start, in his 1st year in the league), hit open receivers in space, make hot reads, have composure in the pocket, and not run into sacks.

More than happy with Tyrod today. "Good teams find a way to win". "Good players have the ability to put their team on their back". Both of those things happened. Also keep in mind that we won by 1 point and I heard another cliché last week : "every 10 yards in penalties = 1 point". The hat is off to the coaching staff and players for playing by the rules and ensuring a win by cutting down penalties. Oh and Tyrod being Tyrod helps...obviously!

Your not gonna get a straight answer on this...it hurts his argument

I already answered you, liar.

I'll do it again:

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I think he's better than expected at this point. Would be interesting to compare Rodgers stats after his 5th start to TT's. My guess is that TT is right there with him or ahead of him. And, we missed our top two RB's today and our #1 WR, still got a win. No Bills QB since Kelly or Reich could have done that.

The O line was AWFUL. Not sure what part, because it looked like the entire Titans D line was in our backfield all day. Taylor had a great game. Just needs to throw the ball a little higher (first pass to Clay too low, pass to Hogan almost too low) and not stare down receives as much. But for a guy starting his 5th NFL game, he is VERY impressive. He's also tough.

^this^

I dont think TT had a "Great Game".....I think he struggled and had a great game when we NEEDED him to in order to win......

I still think he is gonna learn from this and improve.....and if we win along the way while he does this we will be in good shape.

Good grief you're inconsiderate.

So... in addition to being a Jim Rome guy, you base your "takes" on fantasy stat production.

/golf clap

It's becoming more and more obvious why you hold the (poor) opinions that you do.

You realize that people are watching this thread and laughing at you right?

I already stated, in this thread, what my expectations are. I'll repeat them for you:

Mariota also threw a terrible INT that TT would not have thrown. Sure, he's not making huge plays with his arm on a consistent basis yet, but he had less weapons that Mariota today, and DOES NOT make huge turnovers.

I already answered you, liar.

I'll do it again:

Ahem

And in your opinion....what makes you qualified to know that those things were not happening

Do you know the bills playbook?

That's theoretical, and I do understand what you are saying. But I am talking about what you expected him to do today and in the games, under the conditions he was given. He missed some easy balls today, but again they were 5 yard passes. No excuse but the truth. He didn't throw an INT. He played fair at best and yet we won the game because he made four spectacular plays. You can say, theoretically, that we shouldn't have been in that position. But watching the game, it's not like he was missing guys downfield or had all day or was making huge mistakes. He wasn't good but he was good enough. It's a team game. We have zero running game. Zero. We had weak OL play. That has an enormous effect on QB play.

Mariota also threw a terrible INT that TT would not have thrown. Sure, he's not making huge plays with his arm on a consistent basis yet, but he had less weapons that Mariota today, and DOES NOT make huge turnovers.

I'm sorry...

You must not have seen the New England**** or Giants games.

fwiw, I thought he was absolutely freaking horrible.

If you run 50 plays on offense, and he has two positive rushes and only throws about 3 good balls on the entire afternoon then you've got a real problem on your hands.

You've got a blue-chip QB standing on the sideline who has shown marked improvement over the course of his career; it's time to have a hard conversation.

If he puts up a third poor effort in a row, then its absolutely time to get him the hell out of there

Ahem

And in your opinion....what makes you qualified to know that those things were not happening

Do you know the bills playbook?

Four weeks worth of watching the all-22 dozens of times.

I'm a film junkie. Have been since college.

Other independent break downs of the all-22 have reinforced my observations. Today Tyrod did what Tyrod has done all season. Watch the all-22.

fwiw, I thought he was absolutely freaking horrible.

If you run 50 plays on offense, and he has two positive rushes and only throws about 3 good balls on the entire afternoon then you've got a real problem on your hands.

You've got a blue-chip QB standing on the sideline who has shown marked improvement over the course of his career; it's time to have a hard conversation.

If he puts up a third poor effort in a row, then its absolutely time to get him the hell out of there

yup, and i'm not a EJ fan.