Tyrod Taylor: straight up baller and team mvp today

Carried this team single handedly on his back and won us the game. 3rd and 23 inside our own 10 yardline, how many times have we seen this script where the QB checks down to the rb and we punt the ball and lose the game. Instead Tyrod pulls it down and makes the most unlikely of plays and keeps us alive when it seemed for sure we were done.

This is a game we had to win, in spite of everything going against us from injuries to penalties to just plain bad luck. Tyrod saved our season today and that's what franchise qbs do.

Edit:

I would also like to add that Tyrod took some really hard hits today. The horse-collar tackle he sustained caused him to roll awkwardly over his already injured ankle. I thought he was seriously hurt, you could tell he was in serious pain, but he gutted it out and played lights out football for the rest of the game.

Tyrod played with HEART and I think he has won this team over. You could just tell that a switch was flipped mentally with this team. Our D went out there after watching Tyrod sell himself out and literally played like guys on fire for that last titans drive. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a nice run we go on.

On to Cincinatti...

Edited by TallskiWallski83

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word: composure. This kid has it in bounds and it is one of the most crucial traits of a QB. I couldn't agree more too - whether he's Franchise still has yet to be determined, but I have tremendous respect for him. With his two most threatening offensive weapons out, losing Percy Harvin today, and a mediocre OL performance with John Miller nursing an injury, these are the situations where the QB needs to step up and keep his team in the game. TT did this in strides. He did it with the 3rd down conversion with his legs, but even before then using what weapons he could to maximize offensive potential. There were times he wasn't perfect, of course, but when it counted and the team needed a player, TT stepped up.

He did it against NE too, when the game could've been a runaway blowout, he kept his head and the team in the game by remaining composed. There were plenty of other issues in the game, but TT has the absolute potential physically coupled with the intangibles of many top QBs in the league. It's difficult to teach composure to any player, especially to a QB and to degree that can change the course of the game. The only remaining question is can he sustain this and keep us winning games solidly. He still has a hump to get over, but out of all the QBs in the past 10 years, honestly, I've never been more confident or hopeful. FWIW.

Edited by ctk232

Carried this team single handedly on his back and won us the game. 3rd and 23 inside our own 10 yardline, how many times have we seen this script where the QB checks down to the rb and we punt the ball and lose the game. Instead Tyrod pulls it down and makes the most unlikely of plays and keeps us alive when it seemed for sure we were done.

This is a game we had to win, in spite of everything going against us from injuries to penalties to just plain bad luck. Tyrod saved our season today and that's what franchise qbs do.

If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs (and I don't think we look like a playoff team; not by any stretch at this stage), we will look back at that 3rd and 23 as the play that made all the difference. TT stole a game today.

GO BILLS!!!

He pulled the team up today. The uneducated will say he played badly. The O-line played badly. Tyrod lifted the entire team today.

I don't know, Promo. I can't let the luster of stealing a win in the last few minutes blind me to what happened the first 40 minutes of this ball game. Our offense was on life support and TT contributed to that poor performance. No, he didn't get much help, but still.

GO BILLS!!!

Fitz would have lost this game

We don't know that 100% but we do know Fitz was notorious for throwing interceptions and turning the ball over in close games like these where they were trailing late in the 4th quarter. We also know Fitz doesn't have the dynamic playmaking ability with his legs in which Tyrod solely won this game on.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Fitz would have lost this game

Yeah, Fitz was often good for that heartbreaking INT when trying to lead a comeback. That still doesn't excuse what occurred in the first 40 minutes of this game on offense. We have issues on that side of the ball and they range from Roman on down.

GO BILLS!!!

I love watching guys that clearly want to win.

He pulled the team up today. The uneducated will say he played badly. The O-line played badly. Tyrod lifted the entire team today.

He played badly, once again, in the first half of the game. This is now a trend. We need consistency out of the QB position. Do this against a better team and it ends up much like the NE and Giants games.

Im glad he helped put together some solid drives to pull it out but to say its uneducated to say he played poorly for most of the game is just flat out wrong. You seem to be unable to see Tryod's weaknesses whereas many of us see them yet think he can overcome them to become a solid starter.

No, he didn't. He was the anchor around this offense that, once again, did not cross the 50 yard line until late in the game, and continued their habit of 3 and outs. He, once again, couldn't get past his first read; and was made ineffective by being forced to his left. He, once again, ran himself into multiple sacks. He put us in position to lose this game.

He was bailed out by an absolutely superlative defensive performance which held the Titans to 13 points at home.

He made 4 absolutely incredible individual plays, which I will not take away from him; but that was the extent of it.

You cannot trade 52 minutes of horrible for 4 great plays late in the game and expect to win in the NFL.

If he keeps this up, we're in for a very long year.

Tyrod is what he is: an exciting QB that keeps you on the edge of your seat. He makes enough big plays that he keeps you wondering, but his game is very limited, and it's beginning to show. He has no pocket presence. He's a run first, one read and go guy. He's inaccurate.