Why are many treating JP as if he is a rookie?

Mr. T

I'm well aware he hasn't played much at all. But......he will not be entering the season as a rookie QB as many seem to acting like. He was drafted in the 1st round, LAST YEAR. That was based upon the judgement of those who are far more qualified to assess talent than any of us are.

Now he's had an entire season to learn our system. He's not a rookie coming into camp for the first time having to learn a play book.

He's had a season to build confidence among his teammates. He's not a green rookie coming to training camp for the first time.

He's seen the pro game at full speed, granted from the sideline, but that is more than your typical rookie.

He has the entire off season to be tutored by Wyche. He's not a rookie waiting to sign a contract before reporting to camp.

Now, consider that Big Ben went through all of that rookie stuff, and still came out OK.

Does JP have a lot of real game time experience. No! But he's not a green rookie. Let's stop acting like he is. He was drafted in the first round for a reason. To play quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. Let's sit back and watch him do just that. Could he turn out to be a bust, sure. But we'll never find that out until he plays.

With Moulds and Evans to throw to and Willis to hand off toI got a feeling he'll work out just fine.

I don't want to hear excuses this year as to why we didn't make the playoffs. Asking a rookie to lead your team to destiny is asking too much!

Most HOF QB's as rookies sucked big time!

I know it will take JP 2-3 to acclimate himself to the NFL but to hear others on this board say otherwise is quite funny.

"we" are not treating JP as a rookie.  There are a few idiots on this board, ahem.....sue, who bash JP.  The large majority of TBD supports JP!

Go JP!

239463[/snapback]

I support the Bills and the decision to go in another direction at QB. As for JP, he will have to wait for individual support until he's earned it.