Corey Graham penalty

YoloinOhio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so stupid. In 1/100's of a second Graham has think if he catches it, the play is legal. He drops it, so its illegal.

Dumb rule.

It's illegal even if he holds it, if it was a high hit. Without seeing it again I'm holding off saying whether it was high.

Tough play for the player, tough call for the ref.

It's illegal even if he holds it, if it was a high hit. Without seeing it again I'm holding off saying whether it was high.

The ref thought he led with the helmet. The replay showed it was his shoulder.

Another "I thought I saw" guess by the officials...

Also, I don't think either QB "horsecollar" was an actual horse collar tackle. So the Corey hit, and the Tyrod horse collar effectively offset. But, the call against us was a bigger deal due to context.

No, they don't offset because they picked up the flag against the Bills...

Bradham didn't get the QB's legs with his body like they did to Taylor. Not saying that makes a difference if it is all about where the hand is on the collar but it certainly makes the injury risk different.

No you are right, rolling up on the legs IS the deal.

This rule came about because a slow footed but ultra-violent SS named Roy Williams of the Cowboys started making a habit of grabbing receivers that were pulling away from him by the back of the collar then jumping on and tearing up legs.

Brown grabbed Taylor inches below the collar but he used the leverage to swing around and pile on his legs.

Bradham grabbed much lower and didn't use the leverage to swing onto his legs.

I was glad to see Casey and then Brown himself go down with injuries shortly thereafter because the Brown play was a frustrated defender trying to injure our QB.

the broadcast said they were the same but I think the defender actually got TT under the collar and Bradham did not per a tweet from someone at the game

He didn't. The replay should that the grab was under the collar.

Actually, that was an easy call. That wasn't even close to being a penalty.

No you are right, rolling up on the legs IS the deal.

This rule came about because a slow footed but ultra-violent SS named Roy Williams of the Cowboys started making a habit of grabbing receivers that were pulling away from him by the back of the collar then jumping on and tearing up legs.

Brown grabbed Taylor inches below the collar but he used the leverage to swing around and pile on his legs.

Bradham grabbed much lower and didn't use the leverage to swing onto his legs.

I was glad to see Casey and then Brown himself go down with injuries shortly thereafter because the Brown play was a frustrated defender trying to injure our QB.

Good point about the legs.

Time for younger, better trained refs

The two worst called games (Pats, NYG) were crews headed by rookie refs.

I'm onboard with teams' getting 1-2 replay challenges per game for these kind of situations. The NFL could just sell more commercial time as well.

clean hit...not a tough call for the refs...led with his shoulder

Bradham didn't get the QB's legs with his body like they did to Taylor. Not saying that makes a difference if it is all about where the hand is on the collar but it certainly makes the injury risk different.

This. It's more about the injury risk than where exactly someone is grabbed. It will be interesting to see whether the league fines the player, but I'm betting they will and won't fine Bradham.

I'm sure that's what it was -and calls like that HAVE to challengable!

Agreed. It's the equivalent of a fumble, catch/no catch, "did he have two feet down?" situation, IMO.

The competition committee has to look at this in the off season...

And the call on Graham was brutal. It's like you can't even hit a player until they make the catch, which is dumb. And letting up opens the player to injury.

We have physical corners and safeties and rarely see this issue. Let's not act like it's been a total epidemic and impossible to play functionally