Yet Another Phish Coach Fired

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-fire-defensive-coordinator-kevin-coyle-dan-cambpell-100815

Kevin Coyle was fired Thursday as Miami’s defensive coordinator, a source confirmed to FOX Sports. The decision was made by Dan Campbell, who was named interim head coach Monday after the firing of Joe Philbin following Miami’s 1-3 start.

The Dolphins announced defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo will serve as defensive coordinator

If the problem was lack in talent in coaching staff I am not sure how they are fixing it by firing coaches and replacing with subordinates who were part of the coaching problems but as long is results in poor record I am happy with results.

Could it be that the DC was not happy that somebody with the previous job description of tight end coach was promoted above him?

It seems a little unusual that a HC was fired and not replaced by the OC or DC. There must be a lot of loyalties, in-fighting, or other personality issues at play here.

Crazy to do all of this in the midst of the season.

Seems that way, but Miami was DOA after the Jest fiasco. This is a jolt of electroshock resuscitation. They had to do something.

I suspect they will still flat line, though. There is dissension on that team.

GO BILLS!!!

Could it be that the DC was not happy that somebody with the previous job description of tight end coach was promoted above him?

It seems a little unusual that a HC was fired and not replaced by the OC or DC. There must be a lot of loyalties, in-fighting, or other personality issues at play here.

Sometimes you want to keep those guys as play caller and not overwhelm with logistics, game day management and all that. It's not terribly uncommon that another guy is better suited for stepping up.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-fire-defensive-coordinator-kevin-coyle-dan-cambpell-100815

If the problem was lack in talent in coaching staff I am not sure how they are fixing it by firing coaches and replacing with subordinates who were part of the coaching problems but as long is results in poor record I am happy with results.

Because you can't bring in an outsider mid season and expect success either. Your committed to the schemes and terminology- just hoping a new personality might give a little spark.... But generally conceding the season.

They have been blaming this guy for alot of their issues as the defence has not been good. The problem was they weren't sure if they should start with the head coach or throw everything away and toss the DC too.

Apparently they let the interim coach decide if the DC should stay on and he decided to make a change. Word was they checked in on Schwartz but he turned them down, if he didn't they would have had to interview a minority because of the Rooney Rule

maybe he feel that he is a better coach, Miami looking for a top pick, should get a top Olineman or WR

Coyle was doomed from the moment Philbin was fired.

Maybe the Fins will hire a consultant or adviser to help Anarumo but as NoSaint pointed out, you can't bring an outsider in as the DC in midseason. You need someone who knows the players and the terminology.

Tough news for Fin fans, many of whom had high expectations.

Pretty big time move for an interm HC........he may or may not be right, but he his moving fast. In any event, we now see why he was elevated to HC.......he is going to do things his way in a hurry. So, it remains to be seen if he can resurect the Dolphins carcass, but where ever he is going, he is going there fast.