UFO not found on the Ocean Floor, or anywhere else.

4merper4mer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the spirit of today being a renewal day of sorts at the end of the NFL season I have decided to make this post.

As has been proven by sitcom math, there is no other intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. This is contrary to some people's beliefs but it is just math, don't be offended or scared.

Lately in the other "pro-UFO" thread, there has been a screenwriter or two espousing the notion that we are being given slow leak disclosure of alien life. We are in fact being given slow leak disclosure...but of the fact that there is no such thing. Why? Why would we need to release this information slowly?

Because people can derive fear from just about anything and because fear can lead to panic. Once we disclose that there is nothing else out there that is coming to help us, we will know that we are truly on our own. We already know the sun is going to run out of gas some day and that means Earth is toast. We'll probably get hit by an asteroid before that. Additionally diseases and famines and other dangers will become more threatening.

Plus don't forget that it will put an end to horrendously crappy movies like Star Wars and Independence Day. Obviously, this has its plusses but the screenwriters, who secretly control large portions of our society will have their prodigious incomes at risk and/or have to come up with original ideas......so in other words....incomes at risk.

All of these plastic toys and alien friends and alien enemies will be exposed as fiction. I mean you should have been able to figure this out already. Some idiot dreamt up Darth Vader. He lives in a society that can develop technology to destroy a planet. They can travel to many systems and worlds, they have had time to build alliances and enmity with networks of societies. But this guy has to wear an iron lung on his head? Come on.

I am not sure why the slow leak disclosure of nothingness is happening. Maybe the higher powers feel we've evolved enough to know. Maybe it has become too obvious to anyone with half a brain for these people to hide it any more. Maybe the screenwriters have come up with a whole new array of original ideas....yes this one is far fetched. When you think about it though, zombies have replaced aliens in many genres.

My theory is that the screenwriters feel that if they lay off the alien stuff for a couple of generations, that they can re-introduce it in say 2090 and make more money from it. This it what they are doing with zombies now. Zombies are making a comeback...they are not an original idea. Expect to see stuff with vampires and super heroes and Frankenstein and Werewolves and other garbage like that for a long time.

In all seriousness, I was only made aware of this "paradox" in the last two weeks or so and it was a real mind-f**k . I know that they were the BerenstEin Bears when I was younger, I had a bunch of the books and read them all. I noticed the change to an A when I read a newer book to my nephew, and like you I shrugged it off as either a knockoff or some sort of correction. I've asked a ton of people, very few remember the AI spelling, and those that do are the ones who googled it when I asked and fall back on, "that's the author's last name" -- which the web verifies.

What's strange is I can't find ANY of the old books with the EI spelling. I don't know where mine went from when I was younger, but even people I know who have older books have ones with the AI spelling. It's really, really, really, strange.

:lol: Quite possibly! We all know his feelings on that subject. However, I will say this. From the very little (and I do mean little) research I did into the topic, the last name Berenstain -- with that spelling -- is exclusive only to the authors of the book series. There were no Berenstains that immigrated through Ellis Island (not that that's conclusive by any means) but plenty of Berensteins.

It's just odd.

I too have strong childhood memories of the BerenstEin Bears. After reading your post I did some googling and found this blog post.

http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.com/2014/06/commenting-on-berenstein-bears.html?m=1

Reading it, I was reminded of the time I died when I was in third grade. I don't remember actually dying or know how I died, but I have vivid memories of being dead and for several days and being the only person who seemed to realize I was dead. Its difficult to explain, but it was like everyone around seemed to think everything was normal, but I just knew that I was dead and didn't belong in the world anymore, even though I was able to go about my normal third grader business and seemed to be fooling everyone around me into thinking I was fine. Eventualy after several days of thisI felt normal again. I have long believed that the entire experience was simply a dream far more elaborate and realistic than any I have had before or since, but reading that blog made me realize that the time I thought was dead and felt like I was in a world I no longer belonged in was likely when the 'E' universe me and the 'A' universe me switched places. To everyone else I appeared the same which is why they never let on that anything was different, and my new environment was similar enough to my old one that I assimilated within a few days, never suspecting that I was in another world, differentiated only by a single letter in the name of children's book series.

I too have strong childhood memories of the BerenstEin Bears. After reading your post I did some googling and found this blog post.

http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.com/2014/06/commenting-on-berenstein-bears.html?m=1

Reading it, I was reminded of the time I died when I was in third grade. I don't remember actually dying or know how I died, but I have vivid memories of being dead and for several days and being the only person who seemed to realize I was dead. Its difficult to explain, but it was like everyone around seemed to think everything was normal, but I just knew that I was dead and didn't belong in the world anymore, even though I was able to go about my normal third grader business and seemed to be fooling everyone around me into thinking I was fine. Eventualy after several days of thisI felt normal again. I have long believed that the entire experience was simply a dream far more elaborate and realistic than any I have had before or since, but reading that blog made me realize that the time I thought was dead and felt like I was in a world I no longer belonged in was likely when the 'E' universe me and the 'A' universe me switched places. To everyone else I appeared the same which is why they never let on that anything was different, and my new environment was similar enough to my old one that I assimilated within a few days, never suspecting that I was in another world, differentiated only by a single letter in the name of children's book series.

Beerboy swears that when he was growing up he had Quaker Goats every morning for breakfast, but now they're Quaker Oats. I always knew he came from somewhere weird but sheesh.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time traveler using smartphone to record at 1995 Mike Tyson fight?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/look-closely-photo-mike-tyson-1995?fb=ov

It's called a cam-corder. they were common in the 90s

Seriously, if I was going to go back in time to record something, it wouldn't be a prize fight. Selfie on the Titanic or Hindenberg. Or I'd go back to the year 2000 and take some footage of Al Gore's victory party in November, or to kneecap Tom Brady before the combine