God Loses Showdown With Bill Belichick

JÂy RÛßeÒ

HEAVEN--God, creator of the universe and master of all things living and dead, lost a showdown with Bill Belichick on Sunday, as the Philadelphia Eagles fell to the New England Patriots 24-21. God was working through receiver Terrell Owens, who asked him for a miracle to boost his team over the powerful Patriots. Though God was able to heal Owens’ ankle, his glorious power and omnipotence were no match for Belichick’s tricky 2-5-4 defense.

“Wow, I did my best, but Belichick is pretty good,” said a visibly flustered God after the game. “I always thought I was the best. I’ve battled Satan a number of times and that really gave me a lot of experience overcoming adversity. Coach Belichick was just able to execute better today. Plus, I’m used to resting on Sunday.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/godloses_full.htm

And in a related story... Patriots Await Results Of Crucial Sportsnation Vote

FOXBORO, MA--Are the New England Patriots a dynasty or not? That’s the question on everyone’s mind right now, but nobody will know the answer until the results of ESPN.com’s latest Sportsnation vote are tallied. The question “Should the Patriots be considered a dynasty?” was posed to the Nation this morning, and the team is nervously awaiting the results.

“Being considered a dynasty is probably the biggest honor that can be bestowed upon any team,” said quarterback Tom Brady after the Super Bowl. “I certainly hope that Sportsnation comes to the conclusion that we are one, and that we deserve to be mentioned with the great teams in NFL history. Otherwise this entire season will have been a waste. Come on, Sportsnation, show us some love. It’s not like you have anything better to do.”

The dynasty debate has been raging since the Patriots knocked off the Steelers in the AFC Championship game and earned a shot at their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years. With no clear definition of what a dynasty is, the crucial decision, like so many before, has been left in the hands of random people surfing the web at work.

:blink:

Nation’s Morons Delighted By Monkey Commercial

NEW YORK--Morons across the nation expressed joy and delight over a monkey commercial aired during the Super Bowl. The 30-second spot by CareerBuilder.com portrayed a group of monkeys dressed as businessmen in a hilarious, offbeat spoof of contemporary office life.

“HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA! I can’t stop laughing!” shouted (*^*&%^$^#Carl Mulgren, 39, of Aubrey, AK. “Can you believe they got em all dressed up like people? They look just like little people! Oh man, who would’ve ever thought of a gag like that? If I had that kind of imagination, I’d be rich!”

Following the game, officials at CareerBuilder.com reported a dramatic increase in business from the nation’s morons.

“We received thousands of applications, many with spelling and grammar mistakes,” said CEO Phil Sampson. “Clearly we have done a great job of reaching the moron demographic.”