Meryl Streep is 'intolerant' LOL

It's always humorous to me when SoProgs get bent about someone who they expect to be one of their own, especially when they are predictably too bent to have grasped the context of what is going on.

Anyone remember how freaked out they got when early photos were released of Robert Downey Jr. in blackface for "Tropic Thunder"?

"I can't believe Hollywood wouldn't use an actual black person on this film!!!" :lol:

Nutbags.

"The logical conclusion is that nearly everyone involved in the effort was so white that no one even noticed."

This is what someone concerned with racial sensitivity says? How can they say something like that and not literally choke on the irony?

"The logical conclusion is that nearly everyone involved in the effort was so white that no one even noticed."

This is what someone concerned with racial sensitivity says? How can they say something like that and not literally choke on the irony?

As long as there's no video of them dancing off beat.

Which irony? They irony of decrying racism with a racist statement? Or the irony of calling such an illogical statement "logical?"

I think the Post was trolled (or "obfuscated" or whatever the kids are calling it these days.)

Which irony? They irony of decrying racism with a racist statement? Or the irony of calling such an illogical statement "logical?"

I think the Post was trolled (or "obfuscated" or whatever the kids are calling it these days.)

No, "obfuscation" is defined as the introduction of relevant facts to a discussion or argument.

Do you see what happens? This is what happens when the design of your ideology is so bent, than any logical extension of it bends it far enough around to bite you in the ass. :lol:

The fool is talking about slavery, in the same piece, where he denies the right to free speech to others, and then attributes tyranny...to them.

I found this article to be hilariously confused. The fact that this who thing perplexes this guy, to this degree? Says all we need to know about the intellectual rigor behind whatevertheF premises he lives by.,

I found this article to be hilariously confused. The fact that this who thing perplexes this guy, to this degree? Says all we need to know about the intellectual rigor behind whatevertheF premises he lives by.,

I think it's just another example of someone looking for things to be angry about. A professional (or at least an amateur) malcontent.

I think it's just another example of someone looking for things to be angry about. A professional (or at least an amateur) malcontent.

Perhaps, but, I see psychosis here too.

You have to start out with a warped perception, so that when it is extended, the warp continues and it comes full circle and bites you.

In this case, the same professional malcontent's views are so obtuse/incongruent with reality, that he is arguing against racism by taking a position against feminism, based on a quote from a real feminist who actually had both a legitimate grievance and real live oppressors. This guy doesn't rate to carry "...better a rebel than a slave" lady's panties, never mind purport to be be standing on her shoulders[insert "fighting for ____" cliches here]

After all, isn't the cornerstone of feminism quite literally: self-determination? If so, then how dare anyone condemn any major life choices, lifestyles, or "balances" thereof, made by any female, or t-shirts worn: free speech...while also maintaining their status as pro-feminism?

It's the Mike Vick thing all over again: we are supposed to be tolerant of everyone's culture...except when that culture offends us/we think we know better/somebody does something, rooted in that culture, that we don't like. Meanwhile, rational thinkers like me simply say "Don't be an unmitigated moron, period. I don't give a F about your culture, and if it is causing you to be an unmitigated moron, get a new one".

It's the same thing with gay marriage: very little to do with whether people care about gays, and a lot to do with supporters LAMPing themselves as morally superior-->political power.

It's becoming clear that almost all of this new "grievance" regime, just like with the Church of Environtology, is merely interested in $/power, that they can never earn using just their own skills and abilities.

But, you can't join any of these cults without the necessary programming. The problem: when these cults are exposed to the real world, or bump into each other, it all FAILs. That is how we end up with articles in the OP.

Edited by OCinBuffalo